The Student Room Group

Trying to get internship!!!!

Hi guys could really do with some advice!! I’m currently taking a gap year looking to return to university in Sept and am currently finishing off my application in between working. I have applied to UCL, Kings, Leeds, Loughborough, and most likely Manchester or Imperial (All Business and Finance related courses). I want to try and make this year as beneficial as possible so am looking to gain work experience or an internship of some sort but have no qualifications other than A-levels (ABB). I just don’t know how the process works and where I should be looking, all on top of the economic climate being how it is. I would love an internship in well known Finance/Banking Firm, obviously the longer lasting the better and being paid would be a plus but the most important thing is to get something. Another worry is it too late to get anything for this year most likely summer? I was told to wait and start applying in the beginning of Feb because “milkround” season would be over…? Advice please!! Thank you in advance!

Latest