The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
unless you're ugly then it's okay
Go for it.
Reply 3
Do it! The best of luck!
Reply 4
Lol, i was personally leaning towards the weird side.

I mean, it's not like you can brandish some roses and a card! If someone asked me, I'd be like: 'Ok, does that mean we have to go out tonight?'
I'd do it beforehand, and go out on VD.
I know someone who waited 8 months to ask someone out on the French trip in front of the Eiffel Tower at midnight on Valentines Day. Obviously cos we were all 14/15 subtelty is nil and she knew already (well we all did) but kept quiet.. If it had been me I would have said no, just to see the look on his face :p: but then feel bad and say yes.

On the same line but not on Valentines day, on the other Paris trip last year we were up the tower at night, at the top, and a French guy proposed - just as the girl said yes all the flashing lights came on and everyone cheered and applauded, very romantic (and a bit tacky).

VDay is a tad predictable though.
personally, it would make me feel really awkward.
what did you have inmind? like a "wantt to go for a drink?" kinda thing or a bit more valentines-ish? the latter would definitely weird me out
Reply 8
watermelon sugar
personally, it would make me feel really awkward.
what did you have inmind? like a "wantt to go for a drink?" kinda thing or a bit more valentines-ish? the latter would definitely weird me out

Yes I would go for something that's still quite casual and in the manner of a non-Valentines date, just use the Valentine's Day thing as an 'excuse' type thing.
Reply 9
rockrunride
I'd do it beforehand, and go out on VD.

Hmm, I wouldn't like that tbh. Say you took her out , there'd be tonnes of established couples everywhere being grossly lovey- dovey when you've only just hooked up!
BananaWaffles
Hmm, I wouldn't like that tbh. Say you took her out , there'd be tonnes of established couples everywhere being grossly lovey- dovey when you've only just hooked up!

I'd take her somewhere quiet then.

I'd use it as an opportunity to be creative. For example, I can imagine tons of couples out in Covent Garden. I'd probably go somewhere more intimate like Hampstead or Highgate, to a nice coffee shop and just chat.
Reply 11
Do it :smile:
I found it really sweet last year :smile:
Good luck
personallly i think it wud b rather sweet :biggrin:
Go for it, although Valentine's pretty unoriginal I suppose.
Romantic :love:
Go for it - I would find it sweet :smile:
Reply 16
BananaWaffles
Romantic or a weird no-no?

Romantic :biggrin:

I wish I had the courage to ask the guy I like out:frown:
Reply 17
Evenstar

Is this the same guy you've been stewing over for.. how long now? It must be at least a month since you first mentioned it. What on Earth's keeping you back?
Reply 18
Evenstar

Me too....never gona happen but yeah....go for it !
No, a bit strange I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending