The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Religious people should be sectioned under the mental health act

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Law Talking Guy
belief in invisible people telling you what to do????

any other context and you'd be straight in the padded cell
Since when was faith anything to do with belief in "invisible people"?:confused:
Guinevere
You say 'imaginary friend' in such a matter of fact way. No one has conclusive evidence to state that God doesn't exist. It was this patient's belief that having the treatment was wrong just as it was the anti-animal cruelty patients. Whether they are martyring themselves for a cause or not they still would have been unhappy if forced to live. What's the point in wasting medical money and stores if these people strongly do not want them, and how can we dictate what they should do with their own lives. This man would have been examined for mental illness as patients are only allowed to refuse treatment if sound of mind.

Ok, what if it was Thor telling him what to do?
Reply 42
Myth717
Alot of things are unexplainable in life. Why is your mind so narrow minded so closed that you cannot grasp this fact ? science cannot and does not explain everything ! open your eyes a little more then you current life.
Aye, might need to section those mentally ill people who believe in this invisible thing called "air" also.
Reply 43
MrPhil
Aye, might need to section those mentally ill people who believe in this invisible thing called "air" also.

lol, Agreed
Law Talking Guy
belief in invisible people telling you what to do????

any other context and you'd be straight in the padded cell

First of all, a mental illness has to amass from an internal source - that is within the body or brain. Religion, or faith, tends to derive from external sources (you could use religious texts, such as the Bible, as examples of external sources). And as a result, religion is not classified as an internal source.
MrPhil
Since when was faith anything to do with belief in "invisible people"?:confused:

er god is supposed to be all around watching us. Have you seen him?
Reply 46
Law Talking Guy
Ok, what if it was Thor telling him what to do?

Do you have proof that Thor didn't exist? Um, no. Same point. And seeing as he was a Christian I highly doubt it would be.
It's worth point out OP, that just because not everybody believes (or doesn't believe in this case) in the same things as you doesn't mean they're mentally ill.
Reply 48
Law Talking Guy
er god is supposed to be all around watching us. Have you seen him?

How do you explain then how the Quran & Bible years ago go into massive detail about the earth, water cycle, blood, orbitals, etc ? These scriptures are what science stems from !
So this is nothing legal at all, just OP's attempt to display bigotry? I'm disappointed.
MrPhil

You don't believe in air?
Reply 51
MrPhil

We can register air with other senses. You're being a bit facetious :smile:

But only a bit.
Reply 52
Law Talking Guy

lol ? I hope you're being sarcastic ......
Law Talking Guy

I think he was being sarcastic dude. We cant see air, but it does exist.
Law Talking Guy

He's being ironic. Oh, you can't see irony, I must be mentally ill.

I hate a priori philosophy.
Myth717
How do you explain then how the Quran & Bible years ago go into massive detail about the earth, water cycle, blood, orbitals, etc ? These scriptures are what science stems from !

thats a different thread but the short answer is they dont
Reply 56
What a dumb thread
Reply 57
Law Talking Guy
thats a different thread but the short answer is they dont

lmfao... Prove it !
Reply 58
I really hope you're not actually studying to be a lawyer 'Law Talking Guy', your arguments have been rather disappointing
Reply 59
strawberrywine_
What proof do you have that it's an "invisible man"?

this made me lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending