The Student Room Group
Reply 1
biku7
I wana know about the Country, which is the best for MBA Degree ..... waiting 4 u guyz response....

thanx !

USA:
Harvard
Wharton (Penn)
Sloan (MIT)
Stanford
Tuck (Dartmouth)

Also:
Darden
Fuqua
Stern
Columbia
Yale
Reply 2
nice, appreciate ur effort ! thanx.....
Reply 3
I hear michigan is always in the top ten and relatively easier to get into than any of the above (note, i dont know the name of the business school there so it might have been mentioned already)
Reply 4
flugestuge
USA:
Harvard
Wharton (Penn)
Sloan (MIT)
Stanford
Tuck (Dartmouth)

Also:
Darden
Fuqua
Stern
Columbia
Yale

No LBS? Granted it's not USA, it still features highly on most top 5-10 post grad schools
I have been told by quite a few people that Australia is a big place for MBAs these days.
Reply 6
aston! :smile:
India
Reply 8
Zimbabwe - you'll have the best opportunity to learn about monetary policy.
Reply 9
Haz313
No LBS? Granted it's not USA, it still features highly on most top 5-10 post grad schools

The OP asked for a country recommendation.
The only decent MBA schools in the UK are:
LBS
Said (Oxford )
Judge (Cambridge)

And the top 5 in the US are better than these.
And the next 5 in the US are arguably as good as these.
So the US is the place for an MBA.

Downside of the US:
Our MBAs are 2 year programs unlike your 1 year programs in the UK.
Reply 10
wow ! thanx guyz... thank u for ur straight thought..
Remember however that the MBA in the US has several disadvantages:
1. Takes 2 years instead of 1 year : high opportunity cost
2. Costs more each year: higher financial cost
3. After graduation, as a foreign citizen you are much less likely to get a job in the US than to get a job in the UK.
Hollandaise_Sauce
India

The Indian Institutes of Management are very good.
The one at Ahmedabad is exceptionally good and probably would compare with the best in the UK and the second tier in the US.
However, they have virtually no brand name recognition outside India, making it pointless for anyone who plans to work outside India.
burninginme
I have been told by quite a few people that Australia is a big place for MBAs these days.

The AGSM is the best in Australia.
In international terms, it is a third tier MBA school and is ranked around number 30.

To quote their own web site:
"The AGSM MBA Program was today ranked as the leading full time MBA in Australia and 32nd in the world in the Financial Times (UK) 2009 ranking of the top 100 global MBA programs.
This is the tenth consecutive year the AGSM MBA Program, which is delivered by the Australian School of Business at the University of New South Wales, has ranked in the top 100 MBA programs worldwide....
The AGSM MBA rank of 32 is an improvement of seven places since last year..."
Reply 14
thanx.... i got lots of places..... but i realy wana know dat .. which is the best place for low cost ????
biku7
thanx.... i got lots of places..... but i realy wana know dat .. which is the best place for low cost ????

IIM, Ahmedabad is the cheapest.
The estimated cost for foreign students is only $USD 18,000 for tuition, accomodation, food, travel and books for their MBA program .
However, only a tiny fraction of their graduating class obtained jobs outside India.
http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/placements_2008.html

The Indian Institute of Business is another option.
It is ranked 15th in the world by the Financial Times.
The fees are around $40,000 US.

Go to the best you can get into without worrying about the cost.
The increase in your income will more than pay for the tuition within a couple of years.

Latest

Trending

Trending