The Student Room Group

Applying directly to Camp America

Hey guys,

I know there is a thread for Camp America already, but that thread is generalises with the companys that sponsor J1 visas to go to America.

I am a British citizen, however I am also eligible for American citizenship through birth place and my father. Because of this I am unable to go through the "normal" routes to apply - i.e. using Bunac, CCUSA, etc. Instead I have been informed that I will need to get my American passport and apply directly to a camp.

I have no idea where to start looking and who to ask?! I was hoping either you guys could point me in the right direction or even name a few camps that you can recommend.

If it helps I'm a 21 year old male who was looking to get involved at a mixed camp with some sports, preferably soccer or something along similar but I'm happy to do anything :smile:

Thanks in advance guys!
If you need to apply directly to a camp, have a look at the ACA camp directory website, which shows all the jobs on offer. Then have a look at individual camp websites from that list and see if there are any you like the look of. Most websites have an employment/staff page, so have a look on there and see if there are application forms or email them.

Latest