The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1

Hey there, go to the university discussions further down the page you were on when you joined, i think nottingham has a specific forum :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Well, Jubilee has all the facilities you need, and I imagine it's own little community the way the halls on uni park do. But if you're really bothered, live on university park and get the free hopper bus in! I know people who do this, and the other way round, and they all seem perfectly happy.
Reply 3
If you think you'll seperated from your friends then why not go to uni park. I mean it's not that far from Jubilee and yeah the hopper bus is free of charge. :smile:
Reply 4
I have been offered a place for business at nottingham too.. does this mean that I am guaranteed accommodation on the Jubilee campus??
Reply 5
You're guaranteed accommodation - but necessarily at jubilee. You have to pick three room choices at least (up to six) and i think (might be wrong) there's only one choice at Jubilee - catered en suite. And they are the most expensive rooms in the uni. Your other choices will have to come from somewhere else - uni park or the self catred complexes. xx
Reply 6
k thanks!

I just hope I get Jubilee.. therefore i can literally just role out of bed in the morning and straight into lectures!
Iv submitted my app and chosen Uni Park Campus even tho my course is in Jubilee as i reckon it'd be better living where everythings happening and have Jubilee as my second choice, so if i change my mind would still be able to change it to Jubilee (i hope).
Reply 8
Jon88
k thanks!

I just hope I get Jubilee.. therefore i can literally just role out of bed in the morning and straight into lectures!

I chose Jubilee, for the same reasons :p:
Reply 9
My friend's brother lived in Jubilee for the first year and he had a great time. Didn't go up to the campus much though.xx
Reply 10
If nottingham is your second choice you cant apply for accommodation, but if your doing a comp sci course, would you still be on jubilee campus?
rt6
If nottingham is your second choice you cant apply for accommodation, but if your doing a comp sci course, would you still be on jubilee campus?

You dont have to stay where your course is, but im not sure what u mean..but if you were eventually to choose where to stay, you can choose Uni Park.
Reply 12
john williams
You dont have to stay where your course is, but im not sure what u mean..but if you were eventually to choose where to stay, you can choose Uni Park.

I would prefer to be on jubilee campus because its so nice. I was just wondering though, would there be space there if I was to come in as an insurance student or will I be given some dirty hall in the corner of some unknown place :confused:
rt6
I would prefer to be on jubilee campus because its so nice. I was just wondering though, would there be space there if I was to come in as an insurance student or will I be given some dirty hall in the corner of some unknown place :confused:

I believe you aren't guaranteed accommodation, so you may well have to find a place in a private renting. Some universities allow non-guaranteed students to be put on a waiting list and take places in halls as and when they become available. Don't bank on it though!
Reply 14
bellaragazza25
I've got a conditional offer for management at nottingham but id be at jubilee campus. is it a real pain bein separate from the rest of the uni?? What happens? not sure iv sent this message to the rite place... if not where do i send it where im more likely to get a reply??

hi im going to do managemtnt studies at nott, what do u mean its not near it? jubilee?
Reply 15
v130387
I chose Jubilee, for the same reasons :p:

so whats so good about uni park compared to jubilee, is jubilee closer to the lectures ?
Reply 16
Jubilee is where businessy courses are based. Uni park is where most other courses are based. Uni park is bigger and cheaper with more choice of rooms. xx

Latest