The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sundous
I wonder how this thread would have been perceived if the OP jew was replaced by muslim and instead of Israel let's say Saudi Arabia.

"oh it's an outrage" "those backwards racist moslems need to put in their place" "lets invade them and give them some freedom and democracy, so that they could have sex and drink whenever they want!1one!"

ridiculous.
Reply 21
oh cmon on
i liked the first reply more. The truth needs to be said.

There'll be a time for that too, dw.
Reply 22
oh cmon on
not really, they are treated pretty bad tbh.

Do you live in Israel?
have you ever been to Israel?
Have you ever met ethiopian Jews in Israel?
Have you ever met ethiopian jews outside of Israel?
Have you ever spoken to an ethiopian Jew about their treatment by non-ethiopian jews in Israel?
Have you found that every single non-ethiopian Israeli treat ethiopian Israelis badly?
Does the government discriminate against ethiopian Israelis?
Reply 23
danielf90
NO, it isn't, nor do I use the term lightly.

Criticism of Israel is NOT (always)anti-semitic. Criticism of Jews (always) is. The above poster criticised jews as murderers, opressors and agressors. This is anti-semitic.

Well isralies are jews :rolleyes: what is wrong with criticising murderers?
danielf90
With all due respect (actually you deserve no respect but), your post is not criticising Israel at all. You haven't even mentioned the word Israel once. You call the Jewish people murderers who have become agressive and opressive.

Do not tell me who I (as a Jew, not as a zionist) can and cannot be offended by. Your comments are disgusting.

The person above you however: criticised Israel but is not being anti-semitic. See the difference?

You misunderstood what I was trying to say.

People/the media/the leaders of the world.. use the sympathy with the JEWISH PEOPLE over the actions they didnt stop in good time (the holocaust) .. as an excuse for letting the STATE OF ISRAEL .. get away with murder.

I can see how you may have misunderstood my words, and maybe it was my fault. Then again, i could see how may be you would WANT to read my words like that so you can cry anti-semite. After all the thread is about the state of israel, do i need to refer to them specifically in my post.. I felt it was pretty clear who I was talking about, obviously not for some.

The Jewish people and the State of Israel have never been synonymous in my eyes and never will be.. they couldn't be further apart.
Reply 25
Sundous
I wonder how this thread would have been perceived if the OP jew was replaced by muslim and instead of Israel let's say Saudi Arabia.

Well, it would be a lot more legitimate. But people only seem to care when Israel does bad things.

Sri Lanka? - Where's that?! 'Browns vs. Browns - we don't care!'
DRC/Uganda - Africa apathy! 'Those silly black people never behave, this is nothing new'
Thailand - 'But it has nice beaches/where will i go in my summer holiday?'
Israel - 'The Jews never learnt their lesson! We need to teach them again!'
Reply 26
Like Noémie said, there was an agreement in place between the Israeli and Ethiopian governments that Ethiopian Jews in question would emigrate long before 1991, and many had already left. They didn't just randomly decide to remove all the Jews from Ethiopia, they were simply forced to act quicker than they intended.

Are you really so desperate to discredit Israel that you need to resort to bringing up something that happened 18 years ago?
Reply 27
oh cmon on
Well isralies are jews :rolleyes: what is wrong with criticising murderers?

a) Not all Israelis are murderers? Are the palestinian Israelis murderers too?

b) Calling ALL israelis murderers is racist.
Reply 28
anonymouz
You misunderstood what I was trying to say.

People/the media/the leaders of the world.. use the sympathy with the JEWISH PEOPLE over the actions they didnt stop in good time (the holocaust) .. as an excuse for letting the STATE OF ISRAEL .. get away with murder.

err....No they don't. Suggesting that there is a world conspiracy to let the jews 'off the hook' is anti-semitic! You are ridiculous!

I can see how you may have misunderstood my words, and maybe it was my fault. Then again, i could see how may be you would WANT to read my words like that so you can cry anti-semite. After all the thread is about the state of israel, do i need to refer to them specifically in my post.. I felt it was pretty clear who I was talking about, obviously not for some.

You were saying that the world thinks that the jews were hard done to therefore world leaders and the media (who apparently are not enlightened enough to see the difference between jews and israel) let them off the hook even though they're murderers, opressors and agressors (even though Israelis are none of these things, as a whole).

The Jewish people and the State of Israel have never been synonymous in my eyes and never will be.. they couldn't be further apart.

The jewish people and the state of Israel are more synonymous that you'd think. The problem is, you only see the bad in Israel yet probably don't see the bad in almost all other countries in the world.
Reply 29
danielf90
Well, it would be a lot more legitimate. But people only seem to care when Israel does bad things.

DRC/Uganda - Africa apathy! 'Those silly black people never behave, this is nothing new'

Stop being so defensive and pathetic and reply with some substance please. You're exactly the same as every other insanely religious and/or nationalistic apologist on this planet. People like that (you) annoy me. You have no idea where I stand on other conflicts nor do they have anything to do with my reply or this thread.
danielf90

Why do you hate Israel so much, yet not feel the same loathing for any other country?

I know this question may not have been directed specifically at me.. and I don't hate Israel.

But i can definately understnad why other do.. simple because of its actions.

Israel = an illegal state.
Israel = an oppressor.
Israel = Liers (as far as the gov. goes atleast)
Israel = murderers (again as far as the IDF and the Govs. of today + past)

These are all indisputable facts, not opinions.

I can definately see how someone could hate a state of such characteristics easily .. couldn't you?
Reply 31
anonymouz
I know this question may not have been directed specifically at me.. and I don't hate Israel.

Israel = an oppressor.

I can definately see how someone could hate a state of such characteristics easily .. couldn't you?

:toofunny:

You might want to stop digging some time soon. :wink:
Reply 32
anonymouz

Israel = an oppressor.

Do you actually know the difference between fact and opinion?
Reply 33
anonymouz

Israel = an oppressor.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You complete and utter deluded fool (based on your arguments and comments)!!!!!

If Israel is illegal, an oppressor, a liar and full of murderers so is every other country in the world. So please explain to me why Israel is singled out more than Sri Lanka? More than Thailand? More than Saudi Arabia? Morocco? Algeria? Libya? Egypt? Jordan? Lebanon? Syria? Iran? Yemen? Nigeria? Ghana? Sierra Leone? Kenya? Zambia? Mozambique?

by your definitions these countries also fit the bill (as do many more). Why do you not hate them?
Reply 34
danielf90

stop playing the race card.
Reply 35
danielf90
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You complete and utter deluded fool (based on your arguments and comments)!!!!!

If Israel is illegal, an oppressor, a liar and full of murderers so is every other country in the world. So please explain to me why Israel is singled out more than Sri Lanka? More than Thailand? More than Saudi Arabia? Morocco? Algeria? Libya? Egypt? Jordan? Lebanon? Syria? Iran? Yemen? Nigeria? Ghana? Sierra Leone? Kenya? Zambia? Mozambique?

by your definitions these countries also fit the bill (as do many more). Why do you not hate them?

lul wut?

Also, again, don't play the race card. Israel isn't getting picked out.
Reply 36
oh cmon on
stop playing the race card.

I'm not 'playing the race card' - I was explaining to that poster how I see illogical opinions of the intolerable extreme left. If you would like to persuade me that this is not the case, then by all means go ahead.
Reply 37
danielf90

b) Calling ALL israelis murderers is racist.

No it isn't :rofl:
danielf90
err....No they don't. Suggesting that there is a world conspiracy to let the jews 'off the hook' is anti-semitic! You are ridiculous!

You were saying that the world thinks that the jews were hard done to therefore world leaders and the media (who apparently are not enlightened enough to see the difference between jews and israel) let them off the hook even though they're murderers, opressors and agressors (even though Israelis are none of these things, as a whole).

The jewish people and the state of Israel are more synonymous that you'd think. The problem is, you only see the bad in Israel yet probably don't see the bad in almost all other countries in the world.

Your first paragraph is a joke .. seriously. You are also contradicting what you said earlier and mixing and choosing when to use Israel and when to use the word Jew... please don't try to distort what i said when i make a clear distinction and so did you previously (when you said Criticisms of Israel aren't always anti-semitic, yet criticisms of Jews are.. nonetheless, a statement i totally disagee with.. but just proving my point.)

I clearly said "The State of Israel" in block caps.. yet you decide to twist it to Jews.

Secondly, yes i am saying that to an extent and in a way.. i dont have time to go into more detail.. but YES thats the jist of it, except for the part about the world leaders not being able to differentiate.. thats just garbage you are trying to mix with my comments. Also on the second part.. again.. you are making it seem as if I'm against israeli citizens or something. I clearly said THE STATE OF ISRAEL. This means .. the government, the organs of the state etc.

You see there is no winning with you, in my first post i didn't specifically mention the state of Israel.. so you criticise me as a anti-semite. Now i do and you do the same.. haha, what an idiot.

Also the jewish people and the state of israel are not synonymous.. neither is the religion of Judaism with the state of Israel. Their actions are pretty much 'un-jewish' .. a religion of peace.. similarly how some so-called islamic groups actions are pretty unislamic. Same goes for Christian groups and Hindu groups. There are many significant aspects of the Jewish religion which are conflic with the state of Israel, no?
Reply 39
oh cmon on
Israel isn't getting picked out.

As you can clearly see all these other states are having mass protests against them in London and universities. :yep:

Oh wait...

Latest

Trending

Trending