The Student Room Group

Oh you have to love the Americans...

I was pissing about on the net and found this site: www.thankyoutony.

It's a site where Americans can leave messages of thanks for the support Tony gave them during the war. Some of the messages are brilliant take the following:

You ROCK!

You should consider moving to Texas. Also, I absolutely love your Frosted Flakes cereal.

Keep up the good work.

- Texas, USA

Not quite sure what Frosties have to do with it... but have a look at the sight and have a giggle.

Ed
Reply 1
link doesn't work, i think this is it
http://www.thankyoutony.com
Reply 2
You should consider moving to Texas.
What a good idea. :biggrin:
Reply 3
Cheers for correcting the link.

Found an eve funnier quote...

Remember, all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to speak French

LOL.
Reply 4
This is a great one

I thought Thatcher was good. You're gooder.

- Arizona, USA

Ahhm great to know whi the yanks liked, even though i hate their taste
Reply 5
I'm sorry I do not know the correct way to formally address the head of state for Great Britain.

Shall we tell this poor misguided fool Tony couldn't be further from being the head of state for Great Britain? Thank god.
Reply 6
Tednol
I'm sorry I do not know the correct way to formally address the head of state for Great Britain.

Shall we tell this poor misguided fool Tony couldn't be further from being the head of state for Great Britain? Thank god.

see thats probably an average american :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 7
"We'll never travel to France again. Instead, London and Scotland are on this summer's itinerary."

so scotland is a city?
Reply 8
"I understand a member of your party resigned over your stand on Iraq. If you are short handed, I would be glad to serve with you (on a temporary basis)."
Reply 9
"You're no lap dog in my estimation. You're a swingin' dick!"
Reply 10
How hilarious!!! Only Americans would do something like that!!! I might go and ask my American housemate her opinion of Tony Blair, I might get an answer as hilarious as that (she's a proper annoying yank). Head of State? Tony wishes!!!
Reply 11
As an American I must say that I am also greatful towards Tony, but not for the resons you might think. I don't support the War on Iraq, but I do beleive Tony did what he could to make it a more humane war (if there is such a thing). If it had not been for Tony, Bush would never even have talked with the UN.
Reply 12
yes they give us a good laugh....i saw this video clip where americans walking down the street were asked questions...some of the answers were so funny.....heres a sample!

1) which countries are in the axis of evil?
american answers - california, florida and germany?

2) who is tony blair?
aa- is he that actor?

3) which state does kfc come from?
aa - i dunno
the same person is asked...do u know what kfc stands for?
and answers - yeh sure....kentucky fried chicken.....
DUH!

im jus luking for a link to the video ill post it later if i find it.....
having sed all this...a lot of my family lives in the us....and they ent all that bad....still the average american is just too funny foir me not to make yankee jokes!
Reply 13
Tina
im jus luking for a link to the video ill post it later if i find it..... having sed all this...a lot of my family lives in the us....and they ent all that bad....still the average american is just too funny foir me not to make yankee jokes!

Yankees are usually the most sensible of Americans IMHO (hehe, i'm one though, so I guess I'm biased). I can't help but feel somewhat insulted as the Americans in the video you took the examples from clearly are Texans, Rednecks, loonies etc. rather than Yankees.

Latest

Trending

Trending