The Student Room Group
Reply 1
whereas colleague
It means friend. An expression to say, "Ah, look, your friend."

Ale = Interjection

Koleś = Friend
ohh duke
its related to friends as said above, in a "Look, your friend" way, so it probably meant in a complementary way. Foreign languages usually literally mean something, but can have different meanings in context. theres many examples in English.

another polish one, for example 'na raszie' LITERALLY means 'your health' but is used like 'CHEERS' before you drink. different in context. if you get me.

if you get me
Reply 5
I would imagine it means something along the lines of 'what a guy'.

another polish one, for example 'na raszie' LITERALLY means 'your health' but is used like 'CHEERS' before you drink. different in context. if you get me.

You mean 'na zdrowie'.
another polish one, for example 'na raszie' LITERALLY means 'your health' but is used like 'CHEERS' before you drink. different in context. if you get me

:biggrin: na raszie= na razie= see you, bye, see you soon; your health= twoje zdrowie and it is one of toasts something like cheers or to you
Reply 7
Hi! I"m not sure if the question is still valid , but I hope I could share some knowledge and explain to everyone interested that "koleś" in Polish means "dude" in English.:rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending