The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1
I know that for Stamford Street and Great Dover you move in about a week before term starts. At Stamford you move in on Sep 13th, and the term officially begins on the 22nd. Obviously this may vary, but you definitely move in before term starts by around one week and one weekend :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Ascient
I know that for Stamford Street and Great Dover you move in about a week before term starts. At Stamford you move in on Sep 13th, and the term officially begins on the 22nd. Obviously this may vary, but you definitely move in before term starts by around one week and one weekend :smile:

oh wow really?
i just assumed that because the 'registration week' which i assume is the same as freshers starts on the 21st that most people wouldnt move in until like a couple of days before that started:s-smilie:
Reply 3
amyamy
oh wow really?
i just assumed that because the 'registration week' which i assume is the same as freshers starts on the 21st that most people wouldnt move in until like a couple of days before that started:s-smilie:

To clarify, last year:
Moving in started from saturday the 13th, which also marks the beginning of freshers week (sat 13th- sun 21st) which is the same thing as registration week (basically this is the week you enrole, go to department/library inductions, the freshers fair, get your id card, go to all the freshers events, generally settle in before lectures begin).
The start of term (when lectures begin) was monday the 22nd. There are still freshers events in the first weeks of term even though it's not officially freshers anymore though :smile:
Obviously the dates might be slightly different this year but the same days will apply.
Reply 4
aforalice
To clarify, last year:
Moving in started from saturday the 13th, which also marks the beginning of freshers week (sat 13th- sun 21st) which is the same thing as registration week (basically this is the week you enrole, go to department/library inductions, the freshers fair, get your id card, go to all the freshers events, generally settle in before lectures begin).
The start of term (when lectures begin) was monday the 22nd. There are still freshers events in the first weeks of term even though it's not officially freshers anymore though :smile:
Obviously the dates might be slightly different this year but the same days will apply.

ah right thats more like what i thought it would be:smile:
thank you:smile:

ooh i'm excited now haha, yeah freshers starts on monday the 21st this year and lectures on monday 28th:smile:
Reply 5
Lectures NEVER start that early. That's the date they're aiming for, but knowing most academics, it's probably the week after. ;-)
Reply 6
Sijia
Lectures NEVER start that early. That's the date they're aiming for, but knowing most academics, it's probably the week after. ;-)

What the 22nd? Lectures definitely started that early, for me anyway! I've just looked at my diary and it said 'first lecture and seminar arggggg' haha!

Latest