The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

bulllying

i ve been picked in school for 2 reasons, one is because people c me as fat, i am a size 10, is that fat for a 14 year old. also because i am an arab, and i along with 7- 9 arabs r public enimies in our school. i have told a teacher loads of times they haven t done anything, there was even an incident that occured with my food tech teacher about my headscarf, i got my parents involved and in the end they proved i was wrong, coz i was wearing a logo scarf, well why dont they go and tell people of 4 wearing non school uniform. i have written this aftter an incident that happened in school 2 day, miss was teaching and she asked every one to tell her a good thing about wars, a student stood up and shouted ' arabs get killed, we should celebrate this' i feel absoulty devastaed that she let him do that. since i have been wearing a head scarf every one, even teachers have been treated in a totally differnt manner.
you know what, i think that this is one of the most disgusting things ive heard for a while!who the hell gives them the right to take the piss out of a different race. i myself see everyone in the world as just the 1 race, the human race. Whether your black,white,asian,african,chinese etc etc it shouldnt make a difference i dont think! why havnt the teachers done anything about this?what have they said?
Reply 2
That is totally out of order. I'm sorry that you've had to go through it!!

During the time of the War on of my teachers also kept making jokes about Iraqis- he said it was alright because we were at war with them... :confused:

Some people are dumb like that and some people just do it to hurt others. There must be a number of different organisations that can help you combat this racism at your school. By the way size 10 is not at all fat for a 14 year old..
Reply 3
Elle
That is totally out of order. I'm sorry that you've had to go through it!!

During the time of the War on of my teachers also kept making jokes about Iraqis- he said it was alright because we were at war with them... :confused:

Some people are dumb like that and some people just do it to hurt others. There must be a number of different organisations that can help you combat this racism at your school. By the way size 10 is not at all fat for a 14 year old..

thanks 4 da support
Reply 4
CrzySxyCool
you know what, i think that this is one of the most disgusting things ive heard for a while!who the hell gives them the right to take the piss out of a different race. i myself see everyone in the world as just the 1 race, the human race. Whether your black,white,asian,african,chinese etc etc it shouldnt make a difference i dont think! why havnt the teachers done anything about this?what have they said?

the teachers just dint care, they say the will talk 2 them but then talk about me behind my back, there is a small majority of us and too many of them!
i know theres nothing that i can say that will stop the hurt, but just remember that they are the one's who are probably very insecure about themselves and have to be mean to other people to make themselves feel better!i know everyone says that but its true. i moved to manchester a couple of years back!(from wales, had a posh accent though!)and i was really popular then one girl decided she didnt like me because of my ACCENT!i mean how sad, and because all her friends were on my side she got annoyed and started spreading rumors about me(not true!) so you see its always when people feel vulrinable(cant spell that)that they be hurtful. i ended up getting so badly bullied i had to move back to wales!(where i got bullied in the first place!but just remember everything will turn out good in the end because them people hurting you will get there karma and feel truly horrible. hope to have made you feel better! x x x x x x x x
Reply 6
CrzySxyCool
i know theres nothing that i can say that will stop the hurt, but just remember that they are the one's who are probably very insecure about themselves and have to be mean to other people to make themselves feel better!i know everyone says that but its true. i moved to manchester a couple of years back!(from wales, had a posh accent though!)and i was really popular then one girl decided she didnt like me because of my ACCENT!i mean how sad, and because all her friends were on my side she got annoyed and started spreading rumors about me(not true!) so you see its always when people feel vulrinable(cant spell that)that they be hurtful. i ended up getting so badly bullied i had to move back to wales!(where i got bullied in the first place!but just remember everything will turn out good in the end because them people hurting you will get there karma and feel truly horrible. hope to have made you feel better! x x x x x x x x

Thanks, it has made me feel betta, but the bulling that is happening 2 me is different then any other bullying, i dont get called paki or things, its more political kinda thing, they heard in the news bad stuff and propaganda about the arabs ad take it out on me, the news is all wrong. its is all propaganda!
Reply 7
that was way out of order!! People like u are scum for making such comments!!!
Reply 8
please can u help me out?
Reply 9
Angle No 1!!!
please can u help me out?

Man i would complain this to the authorities, or the school governors have u told any1 senior ?
Reply 11
Katchi_2003
Man i would complain this to the authorities, or the school governors have u told any1 senior ?

as i sed there a bit of us and too many of them
Reply 12

Schpools are compelled to have written Anti-racist policies and usually they are included with anti-bullying policies because it all comes under the same 'umbrella'. If you genuinely feel that you are being bullied under this aspect of anti-bullying policies you must:
1. Make a formal written complaint to the Head of Year followed by
2. Formal written complaint to Head teacher, then if no successful outcome
3. Formal written complaint to Governing Body.
Governing Body have ultimate responsibility legally to address the problem. Demand that they give you a written response which sets out their actions to stop the perceived bullying.
It may be that after investigation they find you have no grounds for complaint. In which case you can appeal to LEA.
There is absolutely no way that this can be allowed to continue if you use the right avenues.
Reply 13
UnregisteredP
Schpools are compelled to have written Anti-racist policies and usually they are included with anti-bullying policies because it all comes under the same 'umbrella'. If you genuinely feel that you are being bullied under this aspect of anti-bullying policies you must:
1. Make a formal written complaint to the Head of Year followed by
2. Formal written complaint to Head teacher, then if no successful outcome
3. Formal written complaint to Governing Body.
Governing Body have ultimate responsibility legally to address the problem. Demand that they give you a written response which sets out their actions to stop the perceived bullying.
It may be that after investigation they find you have no grounds for complaint. In which case you can appeal to LEA.
There is absolutely no way that this can be allowed to continue if you use the right avenues.

wow!

Latest

Trending

Trending