Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the most Misogynistic rap lyrics?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nolongerhearthemusic)
    I bet he only wrote "I ******* hate you; I'll take your drawers down and rape you / While Dr. Dre videotapes you"
    This isn't by Eminem - it's Bizarre.
    "And all women ain't **** / Only good for cooking cleaning and sucking dick- And that's it " (from '**** on you'.
    Same goes for this.

Have you actually listened to these songs or are you just searching google for random Eminem lyrics/songs he's featured in because you've heard he's misogynistic?

Someone already posted the verse I was going to post. Funnily enough it too is by Bizarre.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    99 problems, but a bitch ain't one?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    Just a boy; not a man. That is to say, the person she's singing to is too immature to have a lasting relationship with. Nothing sexist about that.

Well no, considering the song is entitled 'If I were a boy' and not 'if I were a man'

She uses 'girl' and 'boy' to refer to males and females.

When she says '...just a boy...' she's clearly referring to boys' inferiority rather than in comparison with a man.

Why make excuses? Call it like it is.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Shorty don't front, you better act like you're widdit
    Frontin like you never did it, bitch admit it
    Matter fact, shut the **** up and turn around
    If you still got walls I'ma tear the ***** down"

Just, NO.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby_J)
    99 problems, but a bitch ain't one?
    Seems more bitter at his ex. Since the lyrics are '99 problems but that bitch aint one'.

There are better examples.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum828)
    Well no, considering the song is entitled 'If I were a boy' and not 'if I were a man'

She uses 'girl' and 'boy' to refer to males and females.

When she says '...just a boy...' she's clearly referring to boys' inferiority rather than in comparison with a man.

Why make excuses? Call it like it is.
    The line "Someday you wish you were a better man" makes it clear that she wishes to draw a distinction between the maturity of men and the immaturity of boys.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the most misogynistic song I've heard, I'm not easily offended by music at all really, but the one I'm trying to think of was the only song I've heard that actually offended me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    The line "Someday you wish you were a better man" makes it clear that she wishes to draw a distinction between the maturity of men and the immaturity of boys.
    OR it could be that it rhymes with 'understand', earlier on in the verse.

Why are you so uncomfortable admitting that Beyonce has written (or at least sang) a sexist song?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eminem - 'Kim' is quite bad.
    Eminem was simply showing his hatred for another person who just happens to be a woman. He had said similar (if not worse) things to other male rappers or any other man.

No sexism there.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    OR it could be that it rhymes with 'understand', earlier on in the verse.
    It's not a very good rhyme. If she was going for a rhyme, she could have used a variety of other, better-rhyming pairs of words than man/understand.

Why are you so uncomfortable admitting that Beyonce has written (or at least sang) a sexist song?
    I'm not uncomfortable. I just don't think it's a sexist song.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by token)
    Eminem was simply showing his hatred for another person who just happens to be a woman. He had said similar (if not worse) things to other male rappers or any other man.

No sexism there.
    Tbh I was more referring to the general tone of it, e.g. stuff like 'sit down bitch' (and loads of other people have posted lyrics like that). I wasn't saying that because it was about a woman it was misogynistic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    It's not a very good rhyme. If she was going for a rhyme, she could have used a variety of other, better-rhyming pairs of words than man/understand.
    Give me an example? If she's used boy for the entirety of the song, she could hardly rhyme 'boy' and 'understand'

(Original post by BJack)
    I'm not uncomfortable. I just don't think it's a sexist song.
    And the fact that she has a history of similar songs doesn't mean anything? Sure if it were a one-off. But throughout her career she has released songs criticising men and demeaning the roles that they play, implying that they are inferior.

Swap 'boy' for 'girl'

Imagine a male artist singing 'but you're just a girl' do you think people would call it sexist?

It's easy, just have the same standards for men as you do for women.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Imagine a male artist singing 'but you're just a girl' do you think people would call it sexist?
    I think you would call it sexist.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    put it in ya mouth - akinyele
    college girls are easy - eazy e

dunno how useful they are these just come to mind...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Right, that's why he calls her 'bitch' the whole way through.

I bet he only wrote "I ******* hate you; I'll take your drawers down and rape you / While Dr. Dre videotapes you" because he hated one particular woman? And "All I wanted to do was rape the bitch and snatch her purse / Now I wanna kill her"?

C'mon, violence against women is theme in his lyrics.
    It's offensive to all women but only because of the emotive language used. If rape wasnt such a sensitive topic then you wouldnt care. If it was "Ill take down your drawers and hit you" then you wouldnt feel as badly.

The lyric is targeted against a specific woman. It's horrible and he uses means to hurt her that are normally male-on-female abuses but it's not a slur to all womankind.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    "Yo I know I'm dogmatic, but yo' pussy walls done had it (that's right)
    It's evident that you've been ****** like a jackrabbit
    But I stay focused, so I acted like I didn't notice (mm-hmm)
    And ****** her with no baby lotion and bust in the soapdish
    Hoe you can quote this - your breath is smellin like
    you done sucked a senior citizen's old dick in goat spit (god damn!)
    You gon' get choked quick, talkin all that hoe ****
    All aggressive askin for a slow kiss, no bitch! (the **** outta here)
    You like freakin, see you every night creepin
    Suckin off the nice deacons, slut you made his wife leave him (****)
    So keep slurpin I'll be down to the fullest
    But forget it bitch, yo' nipples look like AK bullets"

those are pretty bad
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems more bitter at his ex. Since the lyrics are '99 problems but that bitch aint one'.

There are better examples.
    It's ' I got 99 problems but a bitch aint one'
    It isn't about being bitter at his ex...it's about when he was growing up in Brooklyn, being a drug dealer and then consequently being stopped by the police. Have you actually listened to the whole song or just the chorus? :eyeball:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Beyonce seems to have a thing for slagging off men. Even in her Destiny's Child days. I remember she had one song about how she won't hang out with a guy who can't pay her bills. Then 'Independent woman' about how she didn't need a guy to pay her bills.

You go girl!
    Wrong wrong and wrong lol. If you listened to the lyrics, she was saying she wants her man to pay for the bills HE raked up. She mentions that he mounted up her cellphone bills calling his friends and his mum, maxed out HER cards etc. So she is saying he needs to pay for them. In independant woman, she is saying that she does not RELY on a man to pay for what she needs. Had to clear that up....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    By the way, i think when most of these rappers use the term "bitch" they literally mean a type of woman...a bitch. Not woman in general are bitches. Most of them are used to dealing with these "type" of woman. Alot of them are married with female children. Listen to the CONTEXT in which the word is being used.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    up in yo bitch is where you might find me, laying that playing that g thang, she wants the ****** with the biggest nits, and I'm him.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.