The Student Room Group

A Levels to work for MI5/6

Scroll to see replies

ninety_nine
Surely coming from Cambridge would be advantage enough for someone looking to join the security services :tongue:

Especially if you wanted to work for both sides at once... :ninja:
A level in :ninja: studies
yea i agree with a language...but wouldnt it be tough being an MI5/MI6 agent, you would never be able to contact you family/friends...
ooo
MI5 (or maybe it was MI6 im not sure) advertised for a secretary/receptionist on Monster.co.uk
i think it still required the same level of secrecy though.
(",)
yea i agree with a language...but wouldnt it be tough being an MI5/MI6 agent, you would never be able to contact you family/friends...

:tongue: The vast majority of MI6 employees aren't field operatives, and even those who are are allowed to see their friends and family when home or if they are stationed with them!
Reply 64
I would suggest that at least one science is a must: maths, and one of either physics, chemistry or biology (although I'd suspect that chemistry would be of particular importance, for obvious reasons). Critical thinking would be great, if you have access to it. History would also be a good bet, as would geography. Languages would be important, but the focus is very much on eastern/African languages these days, so it's probably best to do a little in your spare time unless your school offers Arabic or something. As already mentioned, media studies would be great, but it is still viewed as a 'soft' subject, so do it as an extra or look into it in your spare time. Both computing (not IT, ICT, or any derivation thereof) and psychology would also be a good bet.

The main thing they'd be looking for, like most major employers, is a good degree from a good university. So avoid the 'soft' subjects and get As.
Reply 65
information is power speak to no-one!
Nonsmoking
Especially if you wanted to work for both sides at once... :ninja:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambridge_Five :cool:
Reply 67
purplefrog
Depends what you want to do for the intelligence services... do you want to be an operator, officer, field worker, IT technician, secretary, HR....?

well an field worker or intelligence officer, something like that! x
Reply 68
It’s been 11 years so did you get in ??

Quick Reply

Latest