The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*mjg*
5) economics - cos jools + i both did it 4 alevel and u cud folow in r footseps.

NEXT WEEK: amusicalgal

I started doing AS Economics in my 2nd year on my own without lessons, dropped it when I got an AAB offer exc it.

mjg how's UCAS going? Convinced LSE?!
Reply 21
Long time no see Jools. Too busy writing articles?
Reply 22
I base the fact that economics is a slacker subject as one of the papers is a multi-choice, also my associate scored very highly on the papers, 90/90 on one of them.
Economics is a useless subject, universities do not see it as a vigourous A level.

And on the note of ZJuwelH's comments on Diego Forlan, i couldn't agree more. His scoring form shall continue against the scousers on Sunday, and if not at least he is starting, so its 5 starts consecutively from the man from Uraguay, that made the scousers cry.

Gayboy09 is wise and great
Reply 23
Bhaal85
Didn't you wanna go LSE, what are yor predicted grades?

A level General Studies: GRADE B
AS Business: GRADE A
Dropped electronics although probably wud have been around B/C area in that. grade C wudnt b good enough 4 LSE!
Reply 24
Bhaal85
Oiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!! Business Studies has the same weighting as Economics, I'll have you know!!!! Sure it may heve less maths involved, but its based on the same principles, research, analysing, evaluation and criticism!

OK OK, nope Business involves a lot more Maths, because we just write and draw graphs and stuff in Economics. Still won't stop me calling it the Weather Report...
Bhaal85
Long time no see Jools. Too busy writing articles?

Hows things. Yeah, been busy this week informing the world that there's a war (literally) - had calls from the press every 5 mins (literally). Shameless plugging of the week:

Frontpage story

Exclusive interview <-- Pretty interesting
Reply 26
Jools
I started doing AS Economics in my 2nd year on my own without lessons, dropped it when I got an AAB offer exc it.

mjg how's UCAS going? Convinced LSE?!

whats up my main man? thought u went to filth on fridays?
Reply 27
gayboy09
I base the fact that economics is a slacker subject as one of the papers is a multi-choice, also my associate scored very highly on the papers, 90/90 on one of them.
Economics is a useless subject, universities do not see it as a vigourous A level.

And on the note of ZJuwelH's comments on Diego Forlan, i couldn't agree more. His scoring form shall continue against the scousers on Sunday, and if not at least he is starting, so its 5 starts consecutively from the man from Uraguay, that made the scousers cry.

Depends on what board you are on. I am with AQA and the questions are mainly based around case studies and ver large essays, no multiple choice whatseover.
Reply 28
Jools
Hows things. Yeah, been busy this week informing the world that there's a war (literally) - had calls from the press every 5 mins (literally). Shameless plugging of the week:

Frontpage story

Exclusive interview <-- Pretty interesting

i wonder what grades Jigyel Ugyen Wangchuck got at A-level. lol.
*mjg*
whats up my main man? thought u went to filth on fridays?

Filth on Thursdays. A bit fed up with the place, did President's Drinks at the Union last night, was awesome - free unlimited alcohol partay... :biggrin:
Reply 30
Bhaal85

probably staright F's!
Reply 31
gayboy09

Hmmph in that paper I chose Sport and Leisure when we were taught on Environmental Economics and a bit on Housing... got 59/90. Naturally I'm resitting and doing Environmental...

Diego! Ohhh! Diego! Ohhh! He comes from Uruguay! He made the Chelsea cry!
Ruud and Diego... sounds better every time!
Reply 32
Jools
Filth on Thursdays. A bit fed up with the place, did President's Drinks at the Union last night, was awesome - free unlimited alcohol partay... :biggrin:

any fit birds?
Bhaal85

Well he seemed pretty intelligent and his brother just completed his Master's here, so doubt there'd have been anything dodgy!
*mjg*
any fit birds?

Oh yes.

Out of my league!
Reply 35
Jools
Oh yes.

Out of my league!

I know jools. Seen your recent pic. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: hahahahahaha. J/K
Reply 36
Jools
Well he seemed pretty intelligent and his brother just completed his Master's here, so doubt there'd have been anything dodgy!

Quite an interesting article about the young prince. Are you good friends with him?
Reply 37
Jools
Oh yes.

Out of my league!

what happened with u and that hildabeast last year?
Bhaal85
Quite an interesting article about the young prince. Are you good friends with him?

I was pretty good friends with him, he really was a top guy. He was fine with the interview but don't know how he'll react to the story being picked up by BBC, Telegraph, Times...and a lot of national papers in India.
*mjg*
what happened with u and that hildabeast last year?

(Not to be confused with uk-l user 'hildabeast' - the nickname refers to anyone at St Hilda's college!)

Errm... no comment :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending