The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
foolfarian
sound, but with underlying anger.
Next year im gonna get a room big enough that i can feng shui, get some chinese stress balls, have regular arometharpy esque baths, and lots o scented candles.
if they don't sooth me and make me less...abrasive, nothing will. :rolleyes:

Drugs? :tongue: I hear benzos are good for floating around in a little cloud of your own :tongue:

And yeah, you might need some more patient skills, but mostly I just think you're funny. Not quite caring and compassionate enough yet though, but sometimes people need to hear things straight.
Reply 21
That doesn't change the fact that some doctors are crap. First Aiders would put my old GP to shame.

i don't really remember inferring anything about the resultant Dr quality - i was merely responding to whether GP training would have consisted of 4 years of medical school! :p:

Zurich
Needed four years of medical school to come up with that pearl of wisdom did she?

me in response
more like 5 years i should imagine.. a considerable amount of PG training & ongoing CPD/PED annually. :wink:
Helenia
Drugs? :tongue: I hear benzos are good for floating around in a little cloud of your own :tongue:

And yeah, you might need some more patient skills, but mostly I just think you're funny. Not quite caring and compassionate enough yet though, but sometimes people need to hear things straight.

Actually im really good with patients (if i do say so myself), i seem to have a different temprament though when it comes to the internet.
odd ey?
Reply 23
pleased to hear it. :rolleyes:
Reply 24
well I played my viola from 2 till 9 and it hasn't been TOO bad, just taken pain killers and chocolate - best combo I thinnk
Reply 25
By the way I think you can take ibropufen and paracetamol alongside each other. So the 8 paracetamol tablets AND 6 nurofen (I think thats the doses) per day is fine. Infact I'm pretty certain you can as I have been told to do so by my doctor before.

Made me very drowsy and confused though. And didn't really help with any pain (but nothing else I tried did)
Luize
By the way I think you can take ibropufen and paracetamol alongside each other. So the 8 paracetamol tablets AND 6 nurofen (I think thats the doses) per day is fine. Infact I'm pretty certain you can as I have been told to do so by my doctor before.

Made me very drowsy and confused though. And didn't really help with any pain (but nothing else I tried did)

DON'T
If the max dose of Ibuprofen doesn't work, then no additional paracetemol will. Paracetemol is good for headaches, and reducing fever, its rubbish in reducing inflammation, pain from inflammation/infection.
Reply 27
Zurich
I didn't want a cast because I'm in the final semester of my final year of uni, and if I can't drive I can't get there. Losing 6 weeks at this stage would mean putting off graduation and having to go back to uni until xmas, frankly I'd rather cut my leg off than stay at uni any longer.

I don't need painkillers, it doesn't hurt unless I walk on it, and thankfully I know better than to walk on a broken bone.

It was just the genius of the doctor's advice.. 'broken foot eh? agony to put weight on huh? hmmmm that's a tough one. I know, try not walking on it for a while!' Needed four years of medical school to come up with that pearl of wisdom did she?

what did you expect her to say/do? fix it with a magic wand?

you said yourself there's nothing that could be done. so why did you waste the doctor's time when she could have been seeing patients who DID need help and something could be done about.

and to the original poster, and everyone in fact - first port of call should be the pharmacist, not the GP. they can then tell you if you need to see the doctor, or advise what painkillers to take.
Reply 28
allisandro
what did you expect her to say/do? fix it with a magic wand?

you said yourself there's nothing that could be done. so why did you waste the doctor's time when she could have been seeing patients who DID need help and something could be done about.

Read my other posts in the thread.
Reply 29
Zurich
Read my other posts in the thread.

i did. and you still are saying you found the advice strange. but you would have complained if she'd said nothing, or given you bad advice. so i don't understand...what else could she have said?
Reply 30
allisandro
i did. and you still are saying you found the advice strange. but you would have complained if she'd said nothing, or given you bad advice. so i don't understand...what else could she have said?

I had to go because I wasn't 100% sure it was broken.

I just wanted it confirmed that it was broken. Why would I have complained if she had said nothing? There was nothing to say.

I wasn't expecting any advice or solutions, because I knew there was nothing either of us could do. I just found it amusing that she seemed to think stating the f*cking obvious was useful advice of some kind.
Reply 31
My arms ok now, still a bit painful

And for everyone who told me and others to blah blah blah and so on, I did point out in the thread title that I would be moaning at doctors, I did not say the stuff wouldn't work, I just wanted a rant, ok?!

Latest

Trending

Trending