The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Dissey
It's just that I definitely get the impression by talking to vets I see that they are above average. And I think that it's necessary for some aspects of the job. Things like memory and quick and correct decision making are aspects of intelligence.

But theyve been to vet school and learnt a lot!
Reply 61
blahhh
But theyve been to vet school and learnt a lot!

Exactly! That'll be you one day Dissey! :woo:
i don't like this... :frown:
Reply 63
Precisely sologirl :tongue: the vets rattle off facts about vetty things...I'm there like :eek: wow you know so much!! Then I remember theyve been in uni for 5/7 years (depending on if theyre ancient vets! :tongue:) AND practised for god knows how long!
It's been stickied!!! :woo: But now the other one has been chucked from it's position :frown:

xxx
Reply 65
Yup :smile: vestas moving the other posts now!
oo this thread is moving fast, 4 pages allready :p:
Reply 67
Hmmmm...Just to get in you need good grades, and during interviews they grill you on how analytically and logically you answer questions.

Tbh, I think the most difficult part is going to be memorising alll that info =O. I wish I had photographic memory, like one of those people that glances at something and remembers it forever. I need to go over and over and over things to commit them to long term memory.
laurasaurus
oo this thread is moving fast, 4 pages allready :p:

Two if you have 60 posts per page :wink: (Thanks Anna for that tip a long while ago in the old thread :frown: It's like a legand now!)

The other posts have been moved too :biggrin:

xxx
Dissey
Hmmmm...Just to get in you need good grades, and during interviews they grill you on how analytically and logically you answer questions.

Tbh, I think the most difficult part is going to be memorising alll that info =O. I wish I had photographic memory, like one of those people that glances at something and remembers it forever. I need to go over and over and over things to commit them to long term memory.

but if you saw something interesting doesn't it stay in your memory for longer??
like a wierd sympton? them symptons you see every week you do go over and over. So it will not be that hard haha
Reply 70
Right...Vesta has very kindly moved the posts over (and stickied the thread if you havent noticed!:smile:)
Reply 71
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
but if you saw something interesting doesn't it stay in your memory for longer??
like a wierd sympton? them symptons you see every week you do go over and over. So it will not be that hard haha

Yeah, interesting stuff is remembered more easily, but the bulk of info will be maaassssiiiiive, and you won't have seen a case for each one you learn.

I guess I'll worry about it when I get there =p
Reply 72
x_dwin_ffeimys_x

Agreed - I find things SO much easier to remember if they interest me! I remember the names of weird diseases from books I used to read when I was about 10 lol, no way would they have stuck in my head if I hadn't found it fascinating! :smile:
I just realised I had exactly 800 posts in the old thread! Nice even number to finish on! :laughing:

xxx
lol this thread is 4th in the most popular tab on the tsr main page! :woo:
OllyH
lol this thread is 4th in the most popular tab on the tsr main page! :woo:

Lets get it up to top spot!

xxx
Reply 76
sure it wont take long!!! :smile:
Reply 77
Must be a slow TSR night. Maybe users just don't like the new TSR.
Reply 78
woop woop new thread!!! i couldn't get onto the other one it said i didn't have the rights or something to get onto it :frown:
Go us!:woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending