The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm considering doing it, not sure if it is really worth the effort however. Thoughts?
Reply 2
Stoney12345
I'm considering doing it, not sure if it is really worth the effort however. Thoughts?

well it's a mega-long exam and you won't really have a clue as to what will be in it. but hey ho, what's to lose? may as well have a go..
I want to do this, but I need to get the money...and my centre is charging me so much!!

It's a really random exam as well. I've read on TSR that people found 2008's Biology AEA quite dodgy.

hannah_vet
well it's a mega-long exam

I wonder if the 3 hours is long enough for the AEA; I found 2 hours was only just about enough for the Edexcel SNAB synoptic (6136) last year.
Reply 4
michaelyus
I want to do this, but I need to get the money...and my centre is charging me so much!!

It's a really random exam as well. I've read on TSR that people found 2008's Biology AEA quite dodgy.

I wonder if the 3 hours is long enough for the AEA; I found 2 hours was only just about enough for the Edexcel SNAB synoptic (6136) last year.

hmmm i assume that 3 hours will be plenty for it.. i think it's kinda the same set up as a Gen Studies exam - ie. questions then write 2 essays (except all of course biology related)
Reply 5
is anyone else doing this exam?
Isnt this the last year for AEA's. Hmm I would have been interested to try one if they were doing them in 2010.
Reply 7
Hello everybody!

Ive just been entred for the exam, but now, how to perpare! I think i'll haave to brush up on essay writing, the last time i wrote an essay was for GCSE english (OCR bio essay questions are not really essay questions at all...just memorise the points from previouse markschemes!)

This is the reason i've decided to take it, to see if im getting the grades due to pure intellect or sheer memory power! I hope its the former!

Anyways, good luck, and please post any advice, or links to past papers which are not on the AQA site.

Latest