The Student Room Group

advice needed about A levels

hi,

i need some advice. i just got my january results back for my first AS level modules. I've done well in 2 modules and not that well in the other 2 that i did.
i am going to resit these 2 modules in june. i'm reli confused because...i might apply to oxbridge for medicine in sept. but i've heard they don't take resit candidates. what do they mean by this? do they mean they won't take people who have resit modules or do they mean they won't take people who have resit whole years.
i am sure i'll get grades in the summer because i'm working harder now..so will resitting 2 modules affect my chances????
Reply 1
supergirl

i'm reli confused because...i might apply to oxbridge for medicine in sept. but i've heard they don't take resit candidates. what do they mean by this? do they mean they won't take people who have resit modules or do they mean they won't take people who have resit whole years.

they mean 'resit' in terms of taking more than 2 years to achieve A2 qualifications. so resitting specific modules as you go along wouldn't count.

& so i don't think they'd even know you'd resat in the summer because you'll just have predicted A2 grades or the ASs if you cash them in once you've done all the modules for them.

& oxford specifically for medicine, i get the impression AS grades aren't key, as long as you're predicted AAA.
Reply 2
thanks alot.
i feel alot happier now..!!!

Latest