The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good stuff!
Reply 2
I only had to listen to the first sentence :biggrin:
Reply 3
He has a gift for saying humorous politically incorrect statements.
Reply 4
Everything about this thread is fail.
Reply 5
Clarkson is a legend. Jeremy for PM!
Reply 6
This worse than Thatcher's remark?/
Reply 7
Neither of them are bad at all. Thatcher or Jeeza's remarks were not racist. If you want to see some racist material go and read the FPOs manifesto.

PC gone mad!
Reply 8
Even the news woman was smileing.

Good old Jezza.
Reply 9
I can't believe that disability organisations are getting all up in the air about this. They seem to think that Jeremy was implying that Gordon is stupid because he is blind, which is not at all what he said. "one-eyed Scottish idiot" I think was the comment...
Reply 10
flugelr
Even the news woman was smileing.

Good old Jezza.

Lol, I noticed that too!
Reply 11
So now he's apologised - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7873624.stm
I bet the BBC made him do it.
regardless of whether hes one-eyed or scottish, hes still an idiot
poor gordon
Reply 14
tasGooner
Neither of them are bad at all. Thatcher or Jeeza's remarks were not racist. If you want to see some racist material go and read the FPOs manifesto.

PC gone mad!

Clarkson's certainly wasn't racist. Gordon Brown is Scottish, whether he's an idiot or not is personal opinion. Clarkson never said Brown's an idiot because he's Scottish (that would be racist). But, and don't think I'm so little PC busybody that gets offended at everything (as I'm not), I think Clarkson's comment was quite distasteful and ignorant for mocking Gordon Brown's disability.
Exactly, it's a description. Just like if I described someone as a 'fat, ginger ****' it wouldn't mean that all fatties are ginger, all gingers are fat or that everyone is a ****!
What jezza said was so much worse on paper. When you see the video and see how he's a bit shocked at himself when he says it, it doesn't seem half bad.
Reply 17
alexdude1991
What jezza said was so much worse on paper. When you see the video and see how he's a bit shocked at himself when he says it, it doesn't seem half bad.

God I feel sorry for people (not a comment aimed at u btw), how sad are they that they get all uptight and offended when anything dodgy is said. They know these presenters (i.e. Clarkson and Ross/Brand) and their type of material. If you don't like it don't watch/listen to it! And as for all the people saying there is too much swearing watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM

</rant over>
Is he blind in one eye? I don't have a clue.

Anyway it's just a comment, I don't think a mountain should be made out of a mole hill.
Reply 19
tasGooner
God I feel sorry for people (not a comment aimed at u btw), how sad are they that they get all uptight and offended when anything dodgy is said. They know these presenters (i.e. Clarkson and Ross/Brand) and their type of material. If you don't like it don't watch/listen to it! And as for all the people saying there is too much swearing watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_osQvkeNRM

</rant over>

What did that have to do with anything remotely related to this? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending