The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
SirRamAlot
Lol it happened to me aswell, well not at a hospital but just some care home a year back when I was considering medicine, they said they'll contact me after I had an informal interview with them, but they never did....

Lol tell me about it!!

Don't undersatnd where they're coming from tbh, i mean i wouldn't turn down someone who'll work for free doing all the ridiculously boring jobs! Oh well their loss :p:
Dunno..
Lol tell me about it!!

Don't undersatnd where they're coming from tbh, i mean i wouldn't turn down someone who'll work for free doing all the ridiculously boring jobs! Oh well their loss :p:

Exactly lol.
Reply 62
Well I managed to get quite a bit of experience. I got some in 4 or 5 different environments. :s-smilie:. To be fair, when I went for work exp I jus said I go to this school and they got excited straight away lol.
Reply 63
zaf1991
Well I managed to get quite a bit of experience. I got some in 4 or 5 different environments. :s-smilie:. To be fair, when I went for work exp I jus said I go to this school and they got excited straight away lol.

Hmmm may just have to try that tactic...though i think i'll chicken out when it comes to it, i've never been one to keep a straight face when it comes to telling a fib or two lol

I have had work exp at a local opticians; it was absolutely useless all i did was clean glasses all day and put on a smile to greet the patients..never again!! But im sure at a hospital it would be a whole different expereince!!

BDW i managed to understand the cone and rod cells...its doesn't seem quite scary anymore :biggrin:
Reply 64
Dunno..
Hmmm may just have to try that tactic...though i think i'll chicken out when it comes to it, i've never been one to keep a straight face when it comes to telling a fib or two lol

I have had work exp at a local opticians; it was absolutely useless all i did was clean glasses all day and put on a smile to greet the patients..never again!! But im sure at a hospital it would be a whole different expereince!!

BDW i managed to understand the cone and rod cells...its doesn't seem quite scary anymore :biggrin:

Well Done! Told you will get it.
You got dispensing experience. That is not helpful lol. I went to grammar school so they were really happy when I told them that. lol. I left in 6 th form wondering if I made the right choice and now I know I did.

Anyone going to Aston on the 3rd.
Reply 65
SirRamAlot
Nah man, I was going to but then I got an offer from Aston coupled with an offer from Anglia Ruskin before, so Bradford is one of my last choices, plus I live in London so it'll be a looooong journey. Are you going? And is it one of your first choices?

I got an offer too from Aston but I'll be extremely lucky to get the grades they want lol. Like, EXTEMELY!

I probably wouldn't go either if I was in your position haha. I live in Barnsley and I went to both Aston and Anglia Ruskin Open Days. By car. :eek3:

I won't say it's my first choice (AR's looking pretty tempting especially after the Open Day) but of course, it would be so much more convenient for me so I guess I'm just going to have a look see and decide after.

Dunno..

Nooo!! Thats just soo not fair :eek3:

Im going on the 10th and i have no idea how i'll be getting there and more importantly i don't know a single soul thats going then too!

Aw man! I wish I was going on the 10th!! I've got (well, used to have now) an Open Day for Sheffield Orthoptics on the 17th and I've had to reschedule that :frown: They still haven't replied to me yet with a alternate date which is quite worrying because it said in the email that it was mandatory :s-smilie:

zaf1991

I shud be... :smile:

Awesome! We should wear Student Room badges to identify each other lol.
Reply 66
SkyGreeen

Lol.. yeah we should...

I've heard Aston is lenient with grades but I'm not sure. I will find out for definite on the open day I guess.
Reply 67
SkyGreeen

:bawling:...sooo not fair!
Reply 68
zaf1991
Lol.. yeah we should...

I've heard Aston is lenient with grades but I'm not sure. I will find out for definite on the open day I guess.

Well I was offered AAA :s-smilie: but I did awful on my AS' so it might have been just me. Good luck with Aston! I'll have my badge prepared for 17th! :p:

Dunno..

:bawling...sooo not fair!

Lol! You don't know how much I'd prefer to go on the 10th! Damn Sheffield!
Reply 69
I recieved an email from Bradford regarding my interview dates, i replied confirming my attendance on the 10th of March...but they haven't got back to me yet!!

Has anyone else had any similar experiences, im gettin kinda worried i really don't like the idea of turning up on the day when they aren't expecting me! :s
Reply 70
Dunno..
I recieved an email from Bradford regarding my interview dates, i replied confirming my attendance on the 10th of March...but they haven't got back to me yet!!

Has anyone else had any similar experiences, im gettin kinda worried i really don't like the idea of turning up on the day when they aren't expecting me! :s

I'm on the 17th and havent even bothered replying... I will probably look for my letter in a couple of days... I'm really lazy atm lol...
Reply 71
zaf1991
I'm on the 17th and havent even bothered replying... I will probably look for my letter in a couple of days... I'm really lazy atm lol...

Lol same here..until i gt a stern email from some woman asking me to confirm!! I really REALLY don't wanna go there just hope i get in to Manchester...if not i guess i'll be at home depressed and on the dole :frown:

Jus get it ova with and reply back...u don't wana give them a bad impression bafore you've met them :naughty:

Though i have to say i don't understand why they didn't provide a prepaid envelope??? The prospect of looking for a envelope and a stamp just put me off lol
Reply 72
Dunno..
Lol same here..until i gt a stern email from some woman asking me to confirm!! I really REALLY don't wanna go there just hope i get in to Manchester...if not i guess i'll be at home depressed and on the dole :frown:

Jus get it ova with and reply back...u don't wana give them a bad impression bafore you've met them :naughty:

Though i have to say i don't understand why they didn't provide a prepaid envelope??? The prospect of looking for a envelope and a stamp just put me off lol

lol. That's true. I did not apply to Manchester but I'm sure you will get in.
Reply 73
Hey,
Im interested in optom aswell, but I think that my gcse grades might hold me back a bit.

I got all B's except for maths which is a C. (going to be retaking next year)
If anyone doesnt mind me asking, what did you get for maths and did you get into uni for optom?
Reply 74
Dunno..

Lol! I know right! It's just plain lazy on their behalf, not providing us with envelopes :p:

Phew! So you shouldn't expect an email from them confirming that they got your form?
Reply 75
zaf1991
lol. That's true. I did not apply to Manchester but I'm sure you will get in.

Aww thanku for the optimism...but tbh i think i'll jus mess up the interview especially with all the nerves and for some weird reason i get the giggles when im nervous??? :confused: ...i know im a weirdo ryt? lol

Plt_KVP
Hey,
If anyone doesnt mind me asking, what did you get for maths and did you get into uni for optom?

Don't worry im sure u'l be fine i got mostly As for my GCSE's but a smelly welly C for Maths!! Im in my secound yr of college and im resitting Maths ...i managed to get offers/interviews which are based on your prdeicted grades (im predicted an A) so im sure once you resit and provided you're predicted a B or above they'll give you an offer! It also shows dedication and commitment to the course :smile:

SkyGreeen

Phew! So you shouldn't expect an email from them confirming that they got your form?

Lol i agree bradford are well and truly lazy..or it could be they're cutting back on costs since we're currently in a reccession! Judging from they're admin procedures i doubt i'll be getting an email/confirmation but nontheless i'll be calling them up just to be sure :biggrin:
Reply 76
Plt_KVP
Hey,
Im interested in optom aswell, but I think that my gcse grades might hold me back a bit.

I got a * but I doubt it makes much difference coz all they want are C's minimum.
Reply 77
Dunno..

Lol i agree bradford are well and truly lazy..or it could be they're cutting back on costs since we're currently in a reccession! Judging from they're admin procedures i doubt i'll be getting an email/confirmation but nontheless i'll be calling them up just to be sure :biggrin:

Haha reccession smeccession!

Plt_KVP
Hey,

As somebody said before, I'm sure aslong as you show commitment :smile: Maybe ask at open days when you go and see the course if you're still unsure? It's hugely helpful and you'll know for definite first hand.
I got an A but GCSE's are hardly a good potrayal of your ability :smile:
Reply 78
zaf1991
I got a * but I doubt it makes much difference coz all they want are C's minimum.

An A*!! Is there any chance you'll be willing to donate some much needed brain cells?? :puppyeyes:
Reply 79
Dunno..
An A*!! Is there any chance you'll be willing to donate some much needed brain cells?? :puppyeyes:

It does not make a difference. You are probably cleverer than me. It is just a piece of paper that shows what you did in a couple of hours of one day in your whole life. The worst thing about the human race is that it judges people before getting to know them. I messed up my AS's but that does not mean I am not able. It was just what happened on the day. You learn from your mistakes and move on. Universities just want to know that you can do something.

Latest