The Student Room Group

What language do you dream in?

Poll

What language do you dream in?

Some people dream in their native language whereas others may dream in their secondary language. Has anyone learnt a new language and dreamt in that?

For me, I can't ever recall dreaming in my native language (which I totally suck at) and dreamed in English for as long as I remember.

Is that the same for people with a native language but totally suck at it too?
Espanyol.
Reply 2
I dream mainly in english but it depends on where i am in my dream, eg if my mom is involved then i switch the dream to my native language and etc, but mainly in my secondary lang :smile:
Reply 3
I always dream that I'd be good enough at Spanish
Reply 4
I think I dreamt speaking badly in spanish but that was before a mock speaking. :P
Reply 5
thinking in another language must be seriously weird, i think the fact that i couldn't imagine doing that is the reason as to why i suck at learning a secondary language.
My brain is incapable of producing a dream complex enough to involve language.

They usually consist of a cow munching on grass, occasionally shaking its head to get rid of the flies buzzing around it.
Reply 7
My dreams are deeply symbolic and fascinating but they never have language.
english.
Reply 9
I'm sure if i could speak a second language i would dream in it.. Itallian would be nice.
However as i lack any capacity to pick up foreign languages i only dream in english. :frown:
I dream in Morse Code
Reply 11
I once dreamt in quoted Elvish

but it was nightmareish because I only understand half of what was saying anyway and Pippin and all the vampires (very out of place!) were pissed at me

Latest

Trending

Trending