The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'd like to be a weather girl, but need maths and physics!
So Geogrpahy Teacher:biggrin:
[QUOTE="Z" D="D" R="R" E="E" A="A" M="M"]I congratulate you for stating the obvious. I'm sure that in 5 years time after people in the GCSE section of TSR have finished their degree and are in the job market, things will have improved.[/QUOTE

I can assure you there is no need to congratulate me, of course employment prospects will improve substantially once all the sub prime writedowns have been accounted for and the critical confidence levels return, however in my humble opinion, I believe that it will be a long time before the boom time years are experienced again (that is if they do, considering how much close regulation will be enforced upon them by the fsa). I am not trying to discourage you from going ahead with your aspirations, but it may not be such as an easy ride as you suspect.
Traffic Warden.
MalcomNewMoney84

I can assure you there is no need to congratulate me, of course employment prospects will improve substantially once all the sub prime writedowns have been accounted for and the critical confidence levels return, however in my humble opinion, I believe that it will be a long time before the boom time years are experienced again (that is if they do, considering how much close regulation will be enforced upon them by the fsa). I am not trying to discourage you from going ahead with your aspirations, but it may not be such as an easy ride as you suspect.

What kind of regulation do you think the FSA is going to impose? Heavy regulation will result in major banks packing their suitcases and heading off to Dubai, the Government isn't stupid.

The economy will most likely have picked up in the next 3 years never mind 5. The only issue will be whether the Government takes the tabloid's scapegoating of investment bankers seriously, which in reality they won't.
Reply 24
I say go for it DREAMZ, i do think that the present situation will improve, my brother has a LLB and now is in an investment banking course that does put him off.
Reply 25
Sorry i meant that does not put him off investing banking.
Journalism probably, and I'd like to work abroad because I enjoy learning languages.
Reply 27
either something to do with maths or i will get involved in politics.
Reply 28
In the finance sector
Reply 29
medicine for sure.
Reply 30
medicine FTW!
BOOM YEahhh!

i'm clever really : )
Reply 31
Journalism. Well I'd like to study an English degree,cos its the only subject I'm really interested in,then become a writer of some sort :smile: But I've always wanted to be the first famous person to come from my school,which is a dubious thought!
Something within Government :smile:

Latest