The Student Room Group

BAE Systems Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i got an email today, they say i've been put on a reserve list, it means that if a place becomes available i might get it. but i doubt anyone would turn it down so at this moment i'm taking it as if i've not got it.

so i guess its back to my ****** dead end job, because everywhere else i send my cv to can't be arsed to send anything back
Reply 41
bob2008uk
i got an email today, they say i've been put on a reserve list, it means that if a place becomes available i might get it. but i doubt anyone would turn it down so at this moment i'm taking it as if i've not got it.

so i guess its back to my ****** dead end job, because everywhere else i send my cv to can't be arsed to send anything back

Got the same email mate. Aint got a clue what to do now coz cant afford uni.
How old are you? I'm 23 and just hoped it wasn't a case of them thinkin i was to old and wanted younger people.

Don't even know how many are on the reserve list or where i sit on it. Oh well theres always the hope that a few drop out and a couple have criminal records that they haven't declared.
Reply 42
ok cool just re read through the whole of this conversation lol Thats bad news im sorry to you both i understand what you meant now bob was me not reading it right. I now I havent recieved anything yet guys but i applied to brough
Reply 43
DTM84
Got the same email mate. Aint got a clue what to do now coz cant afford uni.
How old are you? I'm 23 and just hoped it wasn't a case of them thinkin i was to old and wanted younger people.

Don't even know how many are on the reserve list or where i sit on it. Oh well theres always the hope that a few drop out and a couple have criminal records that they haven't declared.

i'm 24, i can't even apply next year because i'll be over the age limit on the day it starts. they can't not give it someone because of there age tho, they told me that they are looking for more older people who they can send to uni rather than college
Reply 44
Hope the reserve list works out and you get offered a place. Clarke, I applied for Brough and interview also same day. I'm thinking if its 3 weeks then it should be about the 11th May to find out, but maybe add another week till the 18th or so. Hating the suspense, this would really sort my life out in the direction I want it to go so really hope it works out. Hopefully to get a bit of a better chance there will be some people they have interviewed drop out like maybe through decision or because they have things elsewhere ...hopefully!

On their website they say about a verbal offer, so I'm guessing if its a phonecall its good news, if its email then not so.
Reply 45
RB87
Hope the reserve list works out and you get offered a place. Clarke, I applied for Brough and interview also same day. I'm thinking if its 3 weeks then it should be about the 11th May to find out, but maybe add another week till the 18th or so. Hating the suspense, this would really sort my life out in the direction I want it to go so really hope it works out. Hopefully to get a bit of a better chance there will be some people they have interviewed drop out like maybe through decision or because they have things elsewhere ...hopefully!

On their website they say about a verbal offer, so I'm guessing if its a phonecall its good news, if its email then not so.

We were clearly told straigh after tests that interview results would be this week, and this was confirmed at interview.

I was also told everything, including job offer, would be sent by email.
Reply 46
We wern't told when we would be hearing, I don't think or at least I never heard them say anything at the test day or at the interview. I should have asked im kicking myself now but I didnt like to seem too forward which is why I resisted! Bob said earlier it could be three to four weeks for "other" sites, i.e brough, edinburgh etc so i'm just hoping thats right Keep us updated if you get anything RB87. I'm the same, it wouldnt half sort me out!!
Reply 47
I had my interview thursday night was really chilled out had a good laugh with the interviewers they werent to bothered with the project stuff more interested in asking questions about workn my gap year! I feel like it went really well dont find out until end of may first week of june they said!

good luck everyone!!
Reply 48
Have got my feedback now, and my biggest loss of points was on school reports (well the lack of them), because my school doesn't do them!

I'm glad it wasn't personal, but lets just hope I don't see the head before I leave!
Reply 49
i still haven't heard anything? What sort of feedback did you get?
Reply 50
clarke506
i still haven't heard anything? What sort of feedback did you get?

Emailed on request after my unsuccessful email.

It gives you the test results, and a score out of 4 for each differerent area in the interview.
Reply 51
ah ok good thinking! i bet they get quite a few emails from applicants and the easiest way to answer most of them is to send them test results id have thought, (unless you asked for them specifically). lets em know that ur keen tho.
You did have me a bit worried there lol but thats not such a bad thing. i havent been missed out, yet!
Reply 52
I hope they dont mark me down too much just because of school reports. I had certificates and things from achievements within school but no actual reports as they didnt give me any which I also told them. Also had 4 yearly appraisals from work, and they seemed very impressed by them, so hope just because not having a school report doesnt affect my application.

Clarke have you heard anything back yet? Its 3 weeks today so I'm thinking its going to be this week really.
Reply 53
I brought it up at school today, sounds like someone from ours had the same problem last year!

Weird thing is BAE sponsor something at our school (no idea what!)
Reply 54
I had my yr 12 and 13 reports with me but my Dad didn't think it was that necessary to even take them (he has all of my, and my brothers' reports stashed in some files. He was a school teacher tho and seemed to be all in his "natural" nature to do that sort of thing lol) and even if they did want to see them it would have been my yr 13 report that was most relevant. Your most recent achievements would be of most interest to them and the work appraisals id have thought would have been more than sufficient RB87. I don't quite know how they really could hold that against you? Got my fingers crossed for you tho. Did you use a teacher as a referree? That might have been a good back up if you did.

I still haven't heard anything either, but I will keep you posted if I do.RB87. Just out of interest, what time was you interview?There was one other person who has their's about the same time as me and they were also 21, maybe it was you?!
Reply 55
I forgot about the referees, neither of mine were at school because they had to have one of about 3 job titles.

Don't think either of them were contacted either, but its BAE's loss anyway :smile:
Reply 56
my boss at work said he hadn't been contacted either. I also put down my physics teacher but i don't know about her, probably not, and yeah, their loss!
Reply 57
if you are talking about the character referees from the security paper work they don't have to be a certain profession, they just need to have known you for 3 years. i put my sisters fiance and my boss down. both of them got the paperwork for the reference yesterday even though i've been put on the reserve list
Reply 58
bob2008uk
if you are talking about the character referees from the security paper work they don't have to be a certain profession, they just need to have known you for 3 years. i put my sisters fiance and my boss down. both of them got the paperwork for the reference yesterday even though i've been put on the reserve list

My notes which were attached to the paperwork clearly stated they had to be.
Reply 59
this is what the email said when i was offered an interview

"The references asked for in the security paperwork (enclosure C) are character references and should therefore be from individuals who are not related to you and who have known you for at least 3 years until present date"

i've only put my sisters fiance down because my life has changed so much in the last few years that there are not got many people who have known me for the last few years. he's a store manager, just not a manager that i have worked for

Quick Reply

Latest