The Student Room Group

BAE Systems Apprenticeship

Anyone else here applied for a BAE Systems apprenticeship?

I applied for business at Warton, and have a test today.

No idea what it will involve - does anyone have any experience?

I will update my experience this afternoon.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have applied for an Engineering Apprenticeship in Brough, got my test later on this month. How did you get on with yours? What did the test have in it? Anything else?

Thanks
Reply 2
Just to quickly quote a reply I sent to someone by PM before:

I wouldn't say its something you can revise for - just verbal and numerical reasoning tests:
Verbal - You read articles and choose true, false or not in text about statements.
Numerical - You interpret data from graphs and accounts.

Have a look at:
Verbal
Numerical

Hope this helps!

Good luck.
Reply 3
Reply 4
YAY!! :smile:

Dear Adam,

Further to the tests you completed for the BAE Systems Apprentice Scheme I am pleased to advise that you have been successful.

You will receive an email shortly inviting you to attend an interview week commencing 6th April. The date, time and venue will be confirmed in the email.

Please note you will be required to bring a project relevant to the position that you have applied for. If it is not possible to bring the actual project then you can bring photographs and written work to discuss with the interviewer.

You will also be required to bring school/college reports to the interview. If you are at college please bring school and college reports if possible. If you are employed and do not have access to your school/college reports you will need to provide employment references.

Kind Regards

Graduate & Apprentice Recruitment Team
Reply 5
This is so interesting seeing the applicants on the other side. I managed apprentice recruitment/assessment centres/interviews for BAE Systems at one site last summer for 3 months =D
Reply 6
Well done Adzha, mines on the 25th. I've done that numerical testing on that Kent uni practice thing and done ok on it. Hope it goes alright when it comes to it.

Hmmm things of a project to take to interview... I might have a rake through my college boxes beforehand then.

Going to look for other numerical/verbal reasoning tests now. It is just those two tested isn't it?
Reply 7
RB87
Well done Adzha, mines on the 25th. I've done that numerical testing on that Kent uni practice thing and done ok on it. Hope it goes alright when it comes to it.

Hmmm things of a project to take to interview... I might have a rake through my college boxes beforehand then.

Going to look for other numerical/verbal reasoning tests now. It is just those two tested isn't it?

Yes, but there's a dexterity test aswell if you go for engineering (at a later date), it'll be something practical for you to complete in a set time.

What I want for my interview we did as a team at school, so I've got to try and get staff to allow me to pull it all off the wall they like to show off.
Reply 8
I applied for the Electrical apprenticeship in Scotland, i got to the test and haven't heard back since. I am kinda losing hope as it has been several weeks, however if i do get to the interview stage i shall let you guys know!
I had my aptitude test today in Edinburgh for the technical/electrical apprenticeship.

Exact same 5 test papers as I did last year. Same questions in some of them too which would have been an advantage if I knew what I'd done wrong last year but since they just tell you if it was a pass/fail I didn't know so chances are I've probably just made the same mistakes as last time.

ColinM89 as far as I can remember if took them a good few weeks to get back to me last year. In fact I think I had to phone them up to check with them and they said it normally took a while. They stagger the tests up until the closing deadline then make a decision I think.
Reply 10
Yeah i think the reason they are taking quite a while is BVT surface fleet was late in announcing their apprenticeship, which is through BAE so they are testing through march too i think.

Let me know when you hear back and how you got on!

Good luck :smile:
Yeah, cheers, you too!

That last paper was so frustrating. I think it was called Fault Finding or something.

I didn't get into a rhythm until I was halfway through but after that it got easier. Missed a few questions on that paper which pissed me off until I looked at the guy opposite me who couldn't have answered anymore than about 20% of them. So fingers crossed.
Reply 12
i've got my interview on monday for the engineering apprentice at warton, i've heard its a 2 hour interview, got my robot project that i did all printed out ready to dazzel them, i just hope they don't see me as over qualified since i already have an hnd in electrical engineering
Reply 13
bob2008uk
i've got my interview on monday for the engineering apprentice at warton, i've heard its a 2 hour interview, got my robot project that i did all printed out ready to dazzel them, i just hope they don't see me as over qualified since i already have an hnd in electrical engineering

Same date, but for business as Warton.

Brought my project home today.

Very nervous about the 2 hours!
Reply 14
Hi

I've got my interview on the 20th of this month. Just wondered if anyone can let me know what to expect???

What kind of questions do they ask? Is it mainley focussed around the application form and project?

Thanks
Reply 15
just treat it like a normal interview, thats all i'm gonna say. i don't want to give away too much that could help someone else get a place for a job that i want as well. hope it doesn't sound bad, but i'm sure you would do the same if it me asking about it
Reply 16
Forgot to update here, took a while to get back to me I thought I hadnt got through as in the assessment they said interviews first week of April but anyhow I have mine on the 20th also.

It says verbal offers, this wont be at the interview will it? as they have to get the security clearance put through before an offer dont they?
Reply 17
iv got mine tomorrow too guys! Im really bricking it because iv got tonight to finish my project and its nothing to do with electrics or mechanics or anything like that! I did AQA physics B syllabus for A level and which included a practical rather than a "project" or id have taken that.. and the one we did in Biology, Daphnia, well i don't think ill dazzle them too much with that one either lol. If it makes you feel any better iv had various employments as well and cant find all the p60's and p45's they seem to want as well.. on hell fire!! haha.. lets hope the gods have got something up their sleeve :-)
Reply 18
i really really want this so badly too!
Reply 19
1 more week until i find out if i've got it, i'm so nervous. I seriously don't know what i'm gonna do if i don't get this, all the other engineering jobs i've applied for have turned me down because i've not got enough experience.

Quick Reply

Latest