The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Any comments would be helpful.

Please...
Reply 2
What on-line tools are avaliable ?
There is a huge number of educational sites, some specific to subjects or age groups and some covering wide areas of education and curriculem. There are a lot of revision and homework help sites, some with the facility to communicate directly or indirectly to teachers and/or students. A number of coursework and essay sharing sites can also be found and some might use online dictionaries or translators etc.
There are also sites not specificly education-related that might be found on a search for particular information or study.
Universities and (some) colleges normally have their own website which contain information on their facilities and courses etc. There are also official and non-official related sites and some online university guides (personal statement help etc) that might help you aswell as the UCAS site which I believe will keep you posted on your own choices and offers.
Some students make their own sites aswell, for example: Loftx (member of this forum) has made his own University Guide website, which he is ever adding to.
Search engines such as Google can be used to find millions of websites or images relating to your search, and is an incredibly useful tool.

Look in the Uk-Learning directory for some idea of the sites available.

What sector of education is assisted ?
I'd say pretty much all levels of education. From 'fun learning' sites for the very young to university and beyond really. You'll probably find related sites for practically every type of exam and qualification.

Please comment on your own education environment and the facilities available to you.
If you are referring to the computer-tech facilities at my school, there are a number of computer rooms/suites around the site, with some equipment being more modern than others. All are connected to the internet. Every student has their own account which they have to use to log on to a computer.

---

If I have misinterpreted a question then let me know.

Hope it helps,

Egan
Reply 3
villarde
Hello Everyone,

Hope you can help me, I'm doing an assignment on the technology avaliable to students on-line. If anyone could take the time to answer the below questions it would be a great help.

What on-line tools are avaliable ? (Other than UK-Learning.net !!! Cheers guy's)

What sector of education is assisted ? (Secondary, University...)

Please comment on your own education environment and the facilities available to you.

Thanks for your help

V :smile:

There are loads of revision websites, and i find them very useful! When you can't be bothered looking through your book, the internet is a fun way to revise.
For example, the BBC bitesize is a good revision site, it provides online tests, revision and a wide range of subjects. It is for KS3, KS4, GCSE and A-level, I think it may also have some revision for younger children.

Don't know what else to say really, hope this helped ya.
Reply 4
Egan1
What on-line tools are avaliable ?
There is a huge number of educational sites, some specific to subjects or age groups and some covering wide areas of education and curriculem. There are a lot of revision and homework help sites, some with the facility to communicate directly or indirectly to teachers and/or students. A number of coursework and essay sharing sites can also be found and some might use online dictionaries or translators etc.
There are also sites not specificly education-related that might be found on a search for particular information or study.
Universities and (some) colleges normally have their own website which contain information on their facilities and courses etc. There are also official and non-official related sites and some online university guides (personal statement help etc) that might help you aswell as the UCAS site which I believe will keep you posted on your own choices and offers.
Some students make their own sites aswell, for example: Loftx (member of this forum) has made his own University Guide website, which he is ever adding to.
Search engines such as Google can be used to find millions of websites or images relating to your search, and is an incredibly useful tool.

Look in the Uk-Learning directory for some idea of the sites available.

What sector of education is assisted ?
I'd say pretty much all levels of education. From 'fun learning' sites for the very young to university and beyond really. You'll probably find related sites for practically every type of exam and qualification.

If you are referring to the computer-tech facilities at my school, there are a number of computer rooms/suites around the site, with some equipment being more modern than others. All are connected to the internet. Every student has their own account which they have to use to log on to a computer.

---

If I have misinterpreted a question then let me know.

Hope it helps,

Egan

Thanks Egan theres alot of really useful information that i'm going to be able to use there. Hope your havn' a nice weekend.

v
Reply 5
gemgems89
There are loads of revision websites, and i find them very useful! When you can't be bothered looking through your book, the internet is a fun way to revise.
For example, the BBC bitesize is a good revision site, it provides online tests, revision and a wide range of subjects. It is for KS3, KS4, GCSE and A-level, I think it may also have some revision for younger children.

Don't know what else to say really, hope this helped ya.

Thanks Gemma, will check them out. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending