The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

I'm a little confused on Student Finance Wales it states

"09/10 Applications are now available.
Please login to apply online or register with our online service if you are a new customer."

However I can't find a login or apply button. :frown:
Reply 181
Quick question.....once you have completed your application and sent it off, do you then just wait to hear back from them? when do you find out how much loan/grant you'll recieve? thanks
History Rocks
I'm a little confused on Student Finance Wales it states

"09/10 Applications are now available.
Please login to apply online or register with our online service if you are a new customer."

However I can't find a login or apply button. :frown:

Left hand side, register
misswilliams
Left hand side, register

Ohh my, how did I miss that:confused: Lol

Well cheers :smile:
Reply 184
Well i cant apply yet because i havent chosen my firm but you know that student loan calculator thing- does anyone know how accurate that is?
I'm pretty sure it's completely accurate, for most people. I mean, it's taking all the same details as the actual forms do.
Reply 186
Thank you. can't figure out what would be better- income asessed or not.
History Rocks
Ohh my, how did I miss that Lol

Well cheers :smile:

Haha god bless you! Never mind :smile:
Reply 188
HI,

im stuck! i can usually figure these things out myself, but this stupid form is messed up.

ive done my student part of the application, but for the parents support applic where it asks for students alias ID and DOB, each time i type it in it doesnt work. it keeps saying alias ID or date of brith incorrect aaahh! i tried it 10 times, i know im putting the right alias ID in, i paste it right from the applic page, and i know my DOB....

this happened to anyone else?

and where is the webchat thing???
Reply 189
Typed it in DD/MM/YYYY format?
Im stuck wit the 9 digit UCAS App number.
faz333
HI,

im stuck! i can usually figure these things out myself, but this stupid form is messed up.

ive done my student part of the application, but for the parents support applic where it asks for students alias ID and DOB, each time i type it in it doesnt work. it keeps saying alias ID or date of brith incorrect aaahh! i tried it 10 times, i know im putting the right alias ID in, i paste it right from the applic page, and i know my DOB....

I was about to ask exactly the same thing, mine's not accepting it either though I know it's right.
Reply 191
yea did tried that format and others!

with the ucas number issue, its ok you can just put in the other info yourself and it works, ie the institution code, the course name etc thats how i did it.
Is it easy to change the uni in your application if you change your mind or you don't get in?
Reply 193
Once you've applied do you have to wait for a letter or email to tell you how much you will get?
Reply 194
1990ah
Once you've applied do you have to wait for a letter or email to tell you how much you will get?

Letter
Reply 195
Mine is now complete, I have to wait for the letter to arrive to sign it and send it back.

Tution Fee: £654 :smile:
Maintenance: £2324 :smile:

Jolly good.
Right, I'm confused again. It's asking my unearned taxable income for the year 2009/2010. Since I don't have a clue what this will be (interest rates are changing all the time, I don't know how much I'll have in a bond), I estimated about £200. Now they want evidence. How can I provide evidence for something which hasn't even happened yet? I could understand them asking for something which proved how much unearned income I received in 2008/9, but not 2009/10!
faz333
HI,

You are putting in the Alias ID (the one it gives you at the end of your application) and not your ART ID (or whatever they call it now) that you use to logon with arn't you? They are different. This was a common mistake people made last year when they couldn't get it to work.

The webchat thing can be access when there is a Blue circle with On it it in the top right hand corner. Its not always available (infact usually very rarely) you just have to hope its there when you need to use it.
Joanna May
Right, I'm confused again. It's asking my unearned taxable income for the year 2009/2010. Since I don't have a clue what this will be (interest rates are changing all the time, I don't know how much I'll have in a bond), I estimated about £200. Now they want evidence. How can I provide evidence for something which hasn't even happened yet? I could understand them asking for something which proved how much unearned income I received in 2008/9, but not 2009/10!

They shouldn't ask for evidence unless its what they consider a large amount. Which my LEA said would be over £1000. I have been putting £0 each year as my money is all in an ISA which doesn't count as its not taxable and they have never asked me for evidence.
flipshot
They shouldn't ask for evidence unless its what they consider a large amount. Which my LEA said would be over £1000. I have been putting £0 each year as my money is all in an ISA which doesn't count as its not taxable and they have never asked me for evidence.

Well they sent me an email saying that they needed some form of evidence, and on my application status it says it's waiting for my parent's financial information and some evidence about my own income. I'm tempted to just put zero anyway, since I have no idea if I'll even have any unearned income next year.

Quick Reply

Latest