The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying for my third and final year's finance but SFE seems to think I'm doing a 4 year course (I do a combined honours course which can be 3 or 4 years depending on the subjects you do)

Anyone know how to change this? I imagine its going to be problematic as its telling me I'm eligible for more maintenance loan than a final year should get
Is it mandatory to put your parents' email addresses down? If so, do you have to create new email addresses for them (if they do not have one) or can you use your own email address?
samanthaaaa
Is it mandatory to put your parents' email addresses down? If so, do you have to create new email addresses for them (if they do not have one) or can you use your own email address?

I used the my email address for my parents :smile:.
XCRUSHESX
I used the my email address for my parents :smile:.

Ok, thanks :smile: I hope the admin don't notice :p:
Reply 2044
CrazyChris
I don't think they do, but don't quote me on that - they may still have to!

That was my thinking too, thanks for re-assuring me :smile:

Might look into it a bit more though.
Hey could someone help me with this please?

I'm completely confused as to this question

When will you finish the last year of your course? (mm/yyyy)

Does that mean the last year of the course I'm applying for? There is annoying no help part next to it.
SirMasterKey
Hey could someone help me with this please?

I'm completely confused as to this question

Does that mean the last year of the course I'm applying for? There is annoying no help part next to it.

They mean the last year of the course you're applying for :smile:

Which should be June/July 2013/14 I presume if it is a 3 year or 4 year degree.
XCRUSHESX
They mean the last year of the course you're applying for :smile:

Which should be June/July 2013/14 I presume if it is a 3 year or 4 year degree.

Thank you :smile:

Should I email the uni's themselves to ask for this? Or would it be somewhere on their website?
SirMasterKey
Thank you :smile:

Should I email the uni's themselves to ask for this? Or would it be somewhere on their website?

Some uni's have term dates on their websites. What uni are you hoping to go to, I'd be happy to research the term dates for you.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/About/Visitorinformation/Termdates.aspx <<<
XCRUSHESX
Some uni's have term dates on their websites. What uni are you hoping to go to, I'd be happy to research the term dates for you.

Nottingham- I've looked myself and it says June for this year and next year so I assume it is consistent.

Thanks for all your help and the offer for more. :smile:
SirMasterKey
Nottingham- I've looked myself and it says June for this year and next year so I assume it is consistent.

Thanks for all your help and the offer for more. :smile:

It's okay, good luck for your application:smile:
--Dan--
Anyone know?

I do, and no, they don't.
I've got a couple of questions
1) Firstly, my Dad is refusing to send an original of his decree absolute (to prove he is divorced) and says he will only send a photocopy. When I pointed out he might need to sent the original he said "well then they'll just send a letter saying they've recieved the photocpy and they need the originals." I'm worried this will just delay the application.
2) He can't find his P60 anywhere (quite possibly got lost when he moved house), so he's going to send off his final payslip, which he says has the same information on it. Will they accept this?
jelly1000
I've got a couple of questions
1) Firstly, my Dad is refusing to send an original of his decree absolute (to prove he is divorced) and says he will only send a photocopy. When I pointed out he might need to sent the original he said "well then they'll just send a letter saying they've recieved the photocpy and they need the originals." I'm worried this will just delay the application.
2) He can't find his P60 anywhere (quite possibly got lost when he moved house), so he's going to send off his final payslip, which he says has the same information on it. Will they accept this?

1) There was a problem with my evidence and I had to resend, it caused a 3 week delay on my application.

2) You can use "Week 53 of your payslip" if there is such thing, when I was looking for my mum's p60 all I could find was week 52 not week 53. I'd advise you to call up Student Finance for options. At the end of my parent's applications (online) it gives you a list of things you can send to prove their income. I'll paste the list here :smile:

"To confirm the information regarding - Income from salary, wages, occupational pensions or taxable state benefits:

Month 12 payslip with total amount paid

Original P60

Original P60U

Week 53 payslip with total amount paid"
XCRUSHESX
1) There was a problem with my evidence and I had to resend, it caused a 3 week delay on my application.

2) You can use "Week 53 of your payslip" if there is such thing, when I was looking for my mum's p60 all I could find was week 52 not week 53. I'd advise you to call up Student Finance for options. At the end of my parent's applications (online) it gives you a list of things you can send to prove their income. I'll paste the list here :smile:

"To confirm the information regarding - Income from salary, wages, occupational pensions or taxable state benefits:

Month 12 payslip with total amount paid

Original P60

Original P60U

Week 53 payslip with total amount paid"

thanks for that!

my dad says he's going to send the month 12 payslip, its good to know thats accepted instead.

my dad has now said he doesn't need to send the original decree absolute could someone confirm if this is correct?

but could someone
jelly1000
thanks for that!

my dad says he's going to send the month 12 payslip, its good to know thats accepted instead.

my dad has now said he doesn't need to send the original decree absolute could someone confirm if this is correct?

but could someone

I searched the forum to see if that was true and found these posts. Hope it helps.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20664815&postcount=1183

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21634979&postcount=4 (the 2nd sentence from the bottom)
XCRUSHESX
I searched the forum to see if that was true and found these posts. Hope it helps.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=20664815&postcount=1183

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=21634979&postcount=4 (the 2nd sentence from the bottom)

sorry i didnt make it clear. my dad knows he needs to send the decree absolute, but he thinks he only needs to send a photocopy, and i wanted to check if a photocopy was acceptable, rather than the original document.
jelly1000
sorry i didnt make it clear. my dad knows he needs to send the decree absolute, but he thinks he only needs to send a photocopy, and i wanted to check if a photocopy was acceptable, rather than the original document.

Well I think the first link said a "copy of divorce papers" but I think you'd be better of phoning up Student Finance so you can be certain about what your Dad can send as evidence. Sorry I couldn't be more help to you :p:
jelly1000

Ask him what the issue is with sending off an original.
They do get returned...! :smile:
CrazyChris
Ask him what the issue is with sending off an original.
They do get returned...! :smile:

i think he's worried it may get lost in the post, which is a possibility

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending