The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

i think my mums done it wrong then :| my friend put it together who did theirs before so ill have to ring and sort it all out, oh god.
does my mother click on the support an application 2010/11 on my account page or does she need to register with the site the way we do when we first sign up?
The Original Me
does my mother click on the support an application 2010/11 on my account page or does she need to register with the site the way we do when we first sign up?

She needs to register :smile:
XCRUSHESX

Thanks, so she will need to pick register/support ans application from the parents option?

So what is the support an application in my account for?
XCRUSHESX

It won't let her do it lol:eek3:
I received a letter from Leicester university recently telling me that the fees for this year (2010/2011) will be £3305.

On the Student Finance website it says the maximum fees are £3290, and that they are directly paid to the university.

I was just wondering how I was expected to pay the extra £15. Do I send it straight to the university every year?
The Original Me
It won't let her do it lol:eek3:

Whyy?! What is it saying when she tries to.
XCRUSHESX
Whyy?! What is it saying when she tries to.

Just kept saying there was a problem.

Refreshed the page and it worked, now it just does not let her log on at all:eek:
The Original Me
Just kept saying there was a problem.

Refreshed the page and it worked, now it just does not let her log on at all:eek:

Sounds like an issue with the website :\ not sure what you can do apart from just trying until it does work.
Usernamenotinuse
I received a letter from Leicester university recently telling me that the fees for this year (2010/2011) will be £3305.

On the Student Finance website it says the maximum fees are £3290, and that they are directly paid to the university.

I was just wondering how I was expected to pay the extra £15. Do I send it straight to the university every year?

Yeah; you can apply for the maximum loan from student finance, and then the remaining sum (£15) would be paid to the university directly :smile:
Usernamenotinuse

This cannot be right, they cannot charge more than £3290.
They say as much on their own website here
http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/fees/undergraduate-finance/undergraduate-finance-tuition-fees?searchterm=tuition fees
CrazyChris
Yeah; you can apply for the maximum loan from student finance, and then the remaining sum (£15) would be paid to the university directly :smile:

Thanks for the response.

hypocriticaljap
This cannot be right, they cannot charge more than £3290.
They say as much on their own website here
http://www2.le.ac.uk/study/fees/undergraduate-finance/undergraduate-finance-tuition-fees?searchterm=tuition fees

I did read that, which is why I was confused when I got the letter with the accomodation pack. I'm going to email the university just to clarify. Thanks for your help :smile:
If you're referring to accommodation costs rather than tuition fees they can charge anything they want.
Aha.
If it's accomodation costs and not tuition fees, it's different completely!
That £3305 will have to be funded by you, and paid out of your bank account (e.g. coming out of the money you receive from loans/grants/other money in your account; can also probably be paid by other methods, e.g. credit card)
It's not accomodations costs. The letter that stated the tuition fees came with an accomodation pack. I've emailed the university nonetheless.
I have logged onto my account on the student services site. When I went to view my correspondence I saw a notification telling me that I am awaiting my mothers evidence but it has posted gifs of the paper forms that she needs to fill out and says that the medium is post.

When I applied I said that she would do it online?! Can she not do it online now?
The Original Me
I have logged onto my account on the student services site. When I went to view my correspondence I saw a notification telling me that I am awaiting my mothers evidence but it has posted gifs of the paper forms that she needs to fill out and says that the medium is post.

When I applied I said that she would do it online?! Can she not do it online now?

They always do that I think, don't pay attention to that as long as your mum has or is planning to send off her details online. They sent my parents the paper forms 2 weeks after they submitted their details online ¬_¬.
Reply 2117
Hi,

I entered all the info for Student Finance on 18th January, sending the necessary bits (birth certificate, P60s etc) off a few days later. Since then, next to my course name it simply says 'Awaiting Further Information'.

Anyone know how long it takes for them to process this stuff? Been nearly a month now...
I have heard they've been having a few problems with their computers.
Student finance are awfully slow at everything. Give them a call if you feel like wasting some money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending