The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Aagh! Apparently my account was locked because I forgot my secret question and now it won't let me reset it :frown:
Reply 201
faz333
HI,

im stuck! i can usually figure these things out myself, but this stupid form is messed up.

ive done my student part of the application, but for the parents support applic where it asks for students alias ID and DOB, each time i type it in it doesnt work. it keeps saying alias ID or date of brith incorrect aaahh! i tried it 10 times, i know im putting the right alias ID in, i paste it right from the applic page, and i know my DOB....

this happened to anyone else?

and where is the webchat thing???

Hi the same thing happened to me and it took me ages to figure it out....if you look at the email your parents should of received it says that they get sent the Alias ID once you have sent your application off. I'm guessing this is where you (and me) have gone wrong. so i'm gonna finish mine and get it sent off...see if that sorts it out :smile:
Reply 202
aha i figured it out! i registered my dads account seperately, then went into the parent support applic and it worked! i thought you could fill in both forms from the students account but i guess not
Reply 203
I just did my app. My personal entitlement bit says:

Means Tested or Non Means Tested
Maintenance Loan Tuition fee Loan
3559.00 GBP 3225.00 GBP
I want to apply for more, taking into account my household income

But where is the grant and max loan? Does this update when i send off my p60s for the last 3 years? (im independent)
Reply 204
faz333
aha i figured it out! i registered my dads account seperately, then went into the parent support applic and it worked! i thought you could fill in both forms from the students account but i guess not

Oh have you got it working now then? what did you use as the Alias ID? Argh why do they make it so complicated/confusing :confused:
Argh, It said my fee entitlement was 1250, ARGH!? Tht cant be right, my fees are 3225
Did anyone not put their national insurence number in the application?

As I lost my NI card and just found it now. Should I go back and put NI in? or just leave it? I might just leave it as it didn't stop me from going forward when I didn't put anything in that bit.
Reply 207
pink_cait
Argh, It said my fee entitlement was 1250, ARGH!? Tht cant be right, my fees are 3225

Mine said that too... *is worried*
Simplicity
Did anyone not put their national insurence number in the application?

As I lost my NI card and just found it now. Should I go back and put NI in? or just leave it? I might just leave it as it didn't stop me from going forward when I didn't put anything in that bit.

Thats one of the most important things they need. They won't pay you the loan unless they have your NI number and can verify it. They use the NI number to take your repayments from you when you earn over the threshold.
Reply 209
@ J90, yea it worked fine. its a bit obvious when you think about it. your mum and dad have to register an account each seperately, and then click on support application to fill it in. cant do it from your account.
Reply 210
faz333
@ J90, yea it worked fine. its a bit obvious when you think about it. your mum and dad have to register an account each seperately, and then click on support application to fill it in. cant do it from your account.

I never did it from my account....logged in as one of my parents and tried to support my application through theirs but came up with incorrect Alias ID or date of birth. just gonna send mine off and see what happens....hope that makes it work!
J90
I never did it from my account....logged in as one of my parents and tried to support my application through theirs but came up with incorrect Alias ID or date of birth. just gonna send mine off and see what happens....hope that makes it work!

That will be why it isn't working. Your application is not actually in the system yet for your parents to link to it. Plus the Alias ID is different to the ID you use to login. This will be given to you when up submit your application so make sure you write it down.
Reply 212
flipshot
That will be why it isn't working. Your application is not actually in the system yet for your parents to link to it. Plus the Alias ID is different to the ID you use to login. This will be given to you when up submit your application so make sure you write it down.

Hey...yep just sent it off and sorted everything out now....thanks for the help guys.
Reply 213
I really do not understand this. Everytime I try to enter in the ALIAS ID in the Support an Application section it says it is incorrect. But it is not. Or do my mum and dad have to set up seperate accounts in order to do this. Please help.

Thanks
Your mum and dad have to make separate accounts, or you can get their forms sent through the post if they'd rather fill them out that way.
Reply 215
Thank you for the help Redpanda91, just seems a lot more hassle creating seperate accounts.
Mines all wrong thanks to mum and dad. Love the parents meh.
Reply 217
omg ive just read the first 2 pages of this and now im dreading applying for finance.
my parents have to get registered on the student finance website? they are rubbish with computers lol..and all this talk of student accounts...

*worries*

good luck to everyone applying
its so long....
i registered but now it seems to have locked me out of my account!
Bella_trixxx
Aagh! Apparently my account was locked because I forgot my secret question and now it won't let me reset it :frown:

I know what you mean, it just happened to me twice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending