The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Arianwen
Yep! Rrrrgr. I think I might just ask for paper forms; it'd get done quicker.

Me to, the customer service advisor told that she will contact the IT technicians and she will give me a call back within the next week:rolleyes: ...
Typical, they have screwed up already. I completed my application and now it tells me its awaiting further information from my parents. During the application process it told me that I wouldn't have to submit my parents information this year (I'm a returning student) as they can use the information that was provided last year again.

Yet my application says they are awiting my parents information? So do they want my parents to submit it again or are they going to use last years information like they said?
Reply 242
My parents have been told by the system that they've already registered to support - even though they haven't... When asked _when_ they registered they couldn't tell us.

Internal server errors keep happening all the time.

Some of the questions are just so poorly worded...

The whole thing's six months late!

And the amount that we're each entitled to receive is less. The finance that I'll get doesn't even cover accommodation in the cheapest halls at the uni, let alone food or anything else.

I don't like the system. ^_^
Reply 243
Neither do I. My mum has been trying for over a week to tell them what evidence she can send in, and it comes up with an error every time. It then locked my step dad out of his account
Agh, it tells me that I'm entitled to such-and-such, and asks whether I want to apply for this or "try and apply for more based on my household income" - if I chose the latter, it says "An error has occurred while processing your request. This has been automatically reported to the system administrator, who will investigate and address the problem. Please wait for 24 hours and then re-try your request."

It's been saying this for about a week now. Getting so fed up, and after this there's all the sending off of forms proving income, or assessing provisional income, do I perservere or just get the standard loan? I'm only eligible for about £500 in grants.
screenager2004
Agh, it tells me that I'm entitled to such-and-such, and asks whether I want to apply for this or "try and apply for more based on my household income" - if I chose the latter, it says "An error has occurred while processing your request. This has been automatically reported to the system administrator, who will investigate and address the problem. Please wait for 24 hours and then re-try your request."

It's been saying this for about a week now. Getting so fed up, and after this there's all the sending off of forms proving income, or assessing provisional income, do I perservere or just get the standard loan? I'm only eligible for about £500 in grants.

The same message is shown on my account at the same stage as where you are. :mad:

For over a week to :lol:

It's so annoying

When I rang them they told me that they would be in contact with me within a weeks time and if not I may have to fill it out on paper format.
My mum heard that you cannot do student finance online until your second year she heard in your first year its all paperwork is that correct
Reply 247
you can fill the form online no matter what year you are applying for.
Reply 248
vickialice
My mum heard that you cannot do student finance online until your second year she heard in your first year its all paperwork is that correct

That is completely wrong. You can apply for first year student finance online. Which I have done.
History Rocks
The same message is shown on my account at the same stage as where you are. :mad:

For over a week to :lol:

It's so annoying

When I rang them they told me that they would be in contact with me within a weeks time and if not I may have to fill it out on paper format.

I have the same problem!
I emailed them and said that I'd waited 48 hours and that it still wasn't working, and their response was to wait 24 hours and try again!
Arghhhh.

EDIT: Just tried after the site having been down all day, STILL doesn't work. Farce.
Brianstorm91
EDIT: Just tried after the site having been down all day, STILL doesn't work. Farce.

It's so annoying, I'm going to try again and with some luck it should work but I highly doubt it. According to the customer service adviser I spoken to she said she will give me a call by Monday regardless of whether the IT technicians can fix the error or not. But again I think that is highly doubtful.
History Rocks
It's so annoying, I'm going to try again and with some luck it should work but I highly doubt it. According to the customer service adviser I spoken to she said she will give me a call by Monday regardless of whether the IT technicians can fix the error or not. But again I think that is highly doubtful.

I phoned them and she was pretty much just like, it's broken and we've not a clue how to fix it.

She agreed to send me a paper application pack, so that should be here soon. Screw the site.
Arghhh I don't know my password from last year. There are only 2 different passwords I use for everything and it's telling me both of those are wrong. I've no idea what else it could be!
Anyone know what happens if you parents are splitting. I would really prefer to clam after the split because that will be a much more accurate figure of how much support I actually have, how long can i leave it before applying and still get my money in time.
Brianstorm91
I phoned them and she was pretty much just like, it's broken and we've not a clue how to fix it.

She agreed to send me a paper application pack, so that should be here soon. Screw the site.

They are so incompetent. :rolleyes:

Well it looks like I will be filling it out in paper to then...
Reply 255
Is it easier to do it online or on paper?
Ykljdsfdg
when I select for Student Finance to get my course info from UCAS, log in to ucas and press I agree, nothing happens - it takes me to the my account page of student finance and when I press continue I'm back at the page that asks if I want them to get my course info from ucas??

Yeah I got caught in that endless loop, try picking to input the course details manually.
How do you get your parents customer reference number? As I can't seem to get that it was not sent in the post all I got was the forms to fill in for them.

I should have created a email address for parents. As I think they send it by email.
Reply 258
I've had the message "An error has occurred while processing your request. This has been automatically reported to the system administrator, who will investigate and address the problem. Please wait for 24 hours and then re-try your request." For about a week and a half now. Really starting to do my head in! I don't know what to do either to fix it or ven get round the problem
At any time since 1 September 2006 has either of your parents, step-parents, guardians, husband, wife or civil partner lived or worked outside the UK and Islands or in the case of an EU, EEA or Swiss national outside the EEA or Switzerland?

Help?! My father has, but he doesn't have parental responsibility for me and I haven't seen him for 13 years. So does he count?! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending