The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

download a change of circumstance form if it is available yet and send it in.
Reply 5441
thanks! do you know where i can find it? í'll have a look on their website, maybe the form is there.
Reply 5442
so there is a video on their website where it says that i need to go to "Make changes to your application" button, but there is no button of that kind on my profile. the change of circumstances form for 2011-2012 are not out yet.
I received an email from studentfinance that I my offer is available to see online, but when I log in there is no offer to see...
Reply 5444
Original post by benji385
I received an email from studentfinance that I my offer is available to see online, but when I log in there is no offer to see...

You sure the offer isn't from ucas?
Reply 5445
2 weeks ago and a bit my application status got updated and it said that a declaration was sent for me to sign. I am still waiting for it to arrive, is this normal or should i phone them up.
Original post by MissJethro
Not sure if you sorted it now, I haven't been on here for a while! :s-smilie:

I ended up just selecting online - later, then sending off the paper forms and included a little note saying something along the lines of "There was no paper option on the online application. However, my mother is sending a paper copy, please update her online details accordingly." Something like that. They did it anyway so if you just post the paper version off, they should do it for you without a problem :smile:

hahaa thank you very much...I did exactly that!
Original post by yunghamz
2 weeks ago and a bit my application status got updated and it said that a declaration was sent for me to sign. I am still waiting for it to arrive, is this normal or should i phone them up.

It's normal but you can go to "View Correspondence" on your online account and print it off and send it back.
Original post by Kenny_uk
You sure the offer isn't from ucas?

No, its from student finance. when I go to see correspondance I can see the notification email there but not the offer
Quick question.. I got the form in early May(the one that basically says 'sign here and you're done) and sent it off. They haven't told me that they've received it or anything, am i done or do i need to chase this up?

I know this may sound silly, but i haven't had any problems with Student Finance so far and given all the horror stories i've heard from friends, family, this forum and wherever else i get the feeling everyones application is guarenteed to **** up at some stage!
check your account on line
how long does it take to hear back from them? I sent all my stuff off at the end of may and still no reply...
Reply 5452
Original post by tillytots
how long does it take to hear back from them? I sent all my stuff off at the end of may and still no reply...

up to 6 weeks, and it is the rush period now
Just rang them, apparently they're processing applications they received by 6th June [it was saying mine hadn't and I sent if off just after that], just in case people were wondering. Also the 'declaration letter' thingy they spring on you online doesn't make any difference.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5454
We sent my parents evidence on the 2nd June before the deadline they set for it, only just got a letter off them saying we haven't sent it to them and that I might not get funding if we don't send them the evidence by the 27th. The annoying thing is, we went through allot of trouble sending the evidence - and now they're messing me around.
sending the form back empty to them with the section "I have already sent evidence" highlighted.
Anyone any ideas what we should do? I really don't want to ring them, from my siblings experiences with student finance I know they rarely help over the phone.
Reply 5455
Original post by Rocks:)
We sent my parents evidence on the 2nd June before the deadline they set for it, only just got a letter off them saying we haven't sent it to them and that I might not get funding if we don't send them the evidence by the 27th. The annoying thing is, we went through allot of trouble sending the evidence - and now they're messing me around.
sending the form back empty to them with the section "I have already sent evidence" highlighted.
Anyone any ideas what we should do? I really don't want to ring them, from my siblings experiences with student finance I know they rarely help over the phone.

Phone them up and ask what date they're current up to with financial evidence, if it's before when you sent it, the form is just because they haven't got around to processing your evidence yet.

Honestly, I'd phone them up. It's more helpful than asking us for advice. They do help over the phone to be honest. & sometimes you get that message about the evidence because it hasn't been processed. As long as you sent it by recorded delivery and have your tracking number and confirmed that they have it, you shouldn't worry
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5457
We didn't send it recorded delivery :/ Thanks for your advice, I'll give them a ring and sort it out :smile:
Reply 5458
Hi, I'm required to give the start and end date of my course. In my uni's site there's only the start date - October 1. Do you have any idea which month should I give as an end date?

Got the exam same letter the other day. Rang them up and they had it but hasnt processed it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending