The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

I've not been able to see my application for at least a month now, but I'm able to see my application for last years. What I mean is, I can log in fine, but when I click on the application for 2012/13, I get an error. The application is completed (I think), but for some reason I'm unable to review it, so I don't really know if they have received my signed declaration.

I did call them, but I'm not at all confident if the girl assisting me knew what I was describing to her. She said the application is done, and the website is just temperamental. But with me being unable to view the application for so long, it's making me think that something has gone wrong.

So, yeah, is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just a problem with the actual website?
Hey, is it too late to apply for student finance as I'm currently stuck between two of my choices?
I have started it but only section 1..
is it better to pay the uni up front for the three years or get the student loan? How do i go about paying the uni upfront?
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Hey, is it too late to apply for student finance as I'm currently stuck between two of my choices?
I have started it but only section 1..

As a new student you have until the end of May. Apply now, it doesn't matter which one you put down as you can always change it later by completing a change of circumstances online. The important thing is to apply.
Sorry if someone else has asked this already, I just skipped to the last page 'cause this thread's huge...

Do you receive your maintenance loan in installments, or all in one go? I know I've been told before, but I can't remember and I can't find anything online either, though I'm sure it's there somewhere.
Reply 6545
Original post by DavidR399
is it better to pay the uni up front for the three years or get the student loan? How do i go about paying the uni upfront?

You should be able to pay a year upfront, but usually not all 3. Contact the uni to arrange it.
Reply 6546
Original post by Village Whisper
Sorry if someone else has asked this already, I just skipped to the last page 'cause this thread's huge...

Do you receive your maintenance loan in installments, or all in one go? I know I've been told before, but I can't remember and I can't find anything online either, though I'm sure it's there somewhere.

It will be in 3 installments, around the beginning of each semester.
Original post by Shani
It will be in 3 installments, around the beginning of each semester.

I had a feeling it was, thanks :smile:
I've done my part of the student finance online and my dad's part successfully, however when I try to do my mum's part it says 'The gender of the sponsor is inconsistent with the sponsor relationship'.

Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks
Yep do that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6550
Original post by fudgesundae
With bank account details, it isn't really possible to get a student account until August so should I enter my current account or leave it blank?

Probably easiest to leave it blank, but will the application still go through with no bank details added and then I could just add the details in August?

Enter your current account and amend it later :smile:
Reply 6551
Original post by fudgesundae
With bank account details, it isn't really possible to get a student account until August so should I enter my current account or leave it blank?

Probably easiest to leave it blank, but will the application still go through with no bank details added and then I could just add the details in August?

think you should enter your current account, and then change it later. thats what I have done anyway :smile:
Reply 6552
Hi, I'm trying to put info about the properties my parents own, but last year they came out at a loss. Do I put the negative amount on the form or just tick the 'No' box where the form asks for income from property?
(edited 12 years ago)
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6554
I've basically sent off my form, but my parents accidentally put share info with universities as "No." Not realising they needed to put yes so I'm eligible for bursaries etc.

Is there a way to change this myself? Or will I have to ring them up tomorrow about it?
Original post by Iepnauy
I've basically sent off my form, but my parents accidentally put share info with universities as "No." Not realising they needed to put yes so I'm eligible for bursaries etc.

Is there a way to change this myself? Or will I have to ring them up tomorrow about it?

You and your parents will need to phone to give consent to share.
Trying to complete the SAAS form, but having trouble with it... Could you please help me?
I'm an EU student who has never been to the UK.
1. Do you have...* ... what should I choose - "permanent residence" or "none of the above"? Where that permanent residence is mentioned to be - in the UK or in EU?
2. Are you an EU/EEA or Swiss migrant worker?* - Am I? I'm not a migrant worker (but I'm an EU citizen), sooo...?
3. Are you a family member of an EU/EEA or Swiss migrant worker?* - Am I? The same situation.. My parents aren't migrant workers, they're just EU citizens.
4. https://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/ab10a.pdf
https://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/ab10a.pdf - do I really need to send these forms?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nedyalkova
Trying to complete the SAAS form, but having trouble with it... Could you please help me?
I'm an EU student who has never been to the UK.
1. Do you have...* ... what should I choose - "permanent residence" or "none of the above"? Where that permanent residence is mentioned to be - in the UK or in EU?
2. Are you an EU/EEA or Swiss migrant worker?* - Am I? I'm not a migrant worker (but I'm an EU citizen), sooo...?
3. Are you a family member of an EU/EEA or Swiss migrant worker?* - Am I? The same situation.. My parents aren't migrant workers, they're just EU citizens.
4. https://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/ab10a.pdf
https://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/ab10a.pdf - do I really need to send these forms?

As far as i know it should be....

1. You have permanent residence in the EU (Latvia is part of the EU)
2. You are not a migrant worker. (You were born in Latvia?)
3. No,But you should answer yes if your parents etc have migrated to the EU
4. Yes you should fill in and send the forms.

I think my advice is correct,but you should maybe call SAAS to be sure.
Question,
I was completing the student finance application with my mum and managed to finish most of my details and then added my mum on to my application, just putting in their income details to have my maintenance loan upped.
Put all my Mum's in fine, then it came to entering my mum's partner's details (she divorced and re-married) and we did all the close the browser, check all the emails, change all the details etc.
Every time we try and register my step dad it plain wont let us, like we press continue after filling in his basic details and it goes to this stupid log out page.
:angry:
We pretty much lost our rags, her before me, and I have no idea what to do.
Please help :frown::confused:
Original post by doctordelilah
Question,
I was completing the student finance application with my mum and managed to finish most of my details and then added my mum on to my application, just putting in their income details to have my maintenance loan upped.
Put all my Mum's in fine, then it came to entering my mum's partner's details (she divorced and re-married) and we did all the close the browser, check all the emails, change all the details etc.
Every time we try and register my step dad it plain wont let us, like we press continue after filling in his basic details and it goes to this stupid log out page.
:angry:
We pretty much lost our rags, her before me, and I have no idea what to do.
Please help :frown::confused:

Call and ask them to email a pdf version of their paper form. So much simpler to fill out after I gave up on the online one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending