The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620
hi there, my mum and dad are both self-employed and run a business together. SFE said they need to fill out this paper form but is this the right form? - this is the normal paper form

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/pls/portal/docs/PAGE/DPIPG001/DPIPS001/SFE_PFF2_1213.PDF

because i thought they may need another form which their accountant may need to fill out and not them, so are there any other forms they need to fill out :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lilliehear
Sorry if these have already been asked but
1) Can you only apply for the tuition fees only - not maintenance and vica-versa or do you have to apply to both?
2) I know that at the moment I am not eligible for any grants. So there's no real point making my parents fill in all the details? But next year I will fall into the eligible category (change in parents income) so can I then reapply for 2013-2014 finance with this and be eligible for grants or not? Also say if I've opted out of maintenance loan this year does this mean I'm not eligible for maintenance grants next time after change in income thing ?
Sorry I'm a bit confused by it all.
Thanks for your help in advance :smile:

1) You can apply for either, you don't have to apply for both.
2) Next year you can apply to be income assessed and ask for a current year assessment. It doesnt matter whether you've had them this year or not.
Course end date (final year of study): what should I put here? the date when the last year begins or the date when the last year finishes :confused:
Reply 6623
Original post by panda1093
Course end date (final year of study): what should I put here? the date when the last year begins or the date when the last year finishes :confused:

hi.

i just put down june 2015.

can i ask what you put for bank details? are we meant to have opened student accounts already?
This form is ridiculoulsy confising :s-smilie:

So I assume I only enter details about my firm choice? Nothing actually explains this: what happens if i get into my insurance instead?

I don't seem to be able to enter some details about the course until I say which year I'm studying... but I haven't started the course yet! Do I just say 'First' anyway? It gives me the right start date if I do that...

How do I know what month the course ends? I've just assumed it's June 2016 (four year course)

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ugk4life
hi.

can i ask what you put for bank details? are we meant to have opened student accounts already?

ok, then I'll put June 2015 as well...
where does it ask about bank details? I can't find it :s-smilie:
Reply 6626
Original post by panda1093
ok, then I'll put June 2015 as well...
where does it ask about bank details? I can't find it :s-smilie:

yeah I think that's the best bet.

it asks that around the place it asks for national insurance.
yeah I think that's the best bet.

it asks that around the place it asks for national insurance.

are you a UK or a EU applicant? because I'm EU and I think we have different modules to fill in...I found the place where it asks for national insurance but can't really find anything about bank details mhm
Original post by Phredd
This form is ridiculoulsy confising :s-smilie:

So I assume I only enter details about my firm choice? Nothing actually explains this: what happens if i get into my insurance instead?

I don't seem to be able to enter some details about the course until I say which year I'm studying... but I haven't started the course yet! Do I just say 'First' anyway? It gives me the right start date if I do that...

How do I know what month the course ends? I've just assumed it's June 2016 (four year course)

Thanks in advance :smile:

If you go to your insurance you complete a change of circumstances when you know where youre going. It's all online.
Yes, you're a First year
June 2016 is fine, they just want to differentiate from those who have totally different end dates (mine is a September in Nursing).
hi.

Put down a current account that you already have. You can change this online once you open a student bank account, if that's what you want to do.
Well I start my second year in September but I haven't received a letter or anything from SF. All I got was a text in January. Do I need to fill in an application or do anything on my part?
Ugh anybody else having problems with student finance? I tried to register my dad for a customer reference but it says he may already be registered, but he's not because I am the first from my family to be registering from my family, although i had someone from my family register for student finance about 10 years ago... so does this count? Help!!! So confusing! And are we eligible to open a student account, so that we can use these details for student finance?
Hello!

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but on student finance, my course at Hertfordshire (and a number of their other courses) have a length of 4 years. I'm pretty sure in reality its three. Is this a major problem? Can I just send it anyway?

Reply 6633
Original post by itsmyname
Well I start my second year in September but I haven't received a letter or anything from SF. All I got was a text in January. Do I need to fill in an application or do anything on my part?

Yes, you have to apply for funding each year.
Original post by LastHype
Hello!

I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but on student finance, my course at Hertfordshire (and a number of their other courses) have a length of 4 years. I'm pretty sure in reality its three. Is this a major problem? Can I just send it anyway?

Check to see if your course could potentially be 4 years. If it could, don't worry and just apply for the full 4 years :smile:

e.g. my main choice is listed as 3 years by the uni, but some people have the opportunity to complete a 4th year for a better degree. Thing is, you don't know until you complete (I think) two of the three years. As such, everyone was told to put 4 years on Student Finance for now.
Reply 6635
Im applying for student finance, can i submit my application online then my parents finance details by post or does it all have to be either done by post or online?
Reply 6636
Original post by jayy1994
Im applying for student finance, can i submit my application online then my parents finance details by post or does it all have to be either done by post or online?

hi, they recommended me to do so today (complete mine online and send my parents' by post) so I think it's fine.

The only thing is, I can't find the paper forms for my parents anywhere on their website? and I can't continue with my application cause it still asks me to link my parents' account to mine. Can anyone help?
Original post by Gemini92
Yes, you have to apply for funding each year.

I'm not getting a loan, just the maximum Grant + tuition fee's paid. The SF website says I should've received a letter in February but I didn't get anything
everytime i go to check the offer theyve made me it keeps saying error. why? is there anything i can do besides calling them?
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am trying to complete the student finance online form for my 2nd year at uni. All that is left is for my parrents to enter thier details and financial information. However when they click on support an application for 2012/2013 it says this account is not linked to anyone. They did recive emails each saying they could fill out there bits. any help would be gladly appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest