The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8140
Original post by Lauren1807
It takes up to, honestly mine took like 2 weeks. It was quite fast. It will be ok, because youre sending it before the deadline which means they will receive it before it. Im sure it will be fine. Just ring up if your even more bothered :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay thank you :smile:
Reply 8141
Has anyone else had the same problem where when making your parents account and it says they already have one
I'm a first year next year and none of my parents have eve been to university
I'm the eldest of us, so it really can't be possible my mum has an account
It doesn't make any sense
The deadlines coming up pretty soon too
Should I just fill out the paper forms instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So i checked back on my application, it says I applied in January of this year, which i did... but it says it could take atleast 6 weeks to process blah blah?... I've waited 3 months all it is saying is "submitted".. Anyone else having this problem or do we find out AFTER the deadline for all applications to be completed?
Do I really have to tell them about my little brothers small income? He only gets about £130 a week but that's his money... Doesn't go towards bills or anything. Is that likely to effect my maintenance loan amount and stuff? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8145
Original post by northernlass
Do I really have to tell them about my little brothers small income? He only gets about £130 a week but that's his money... Doesn't go towards bills or anything. Is that likely to effect my maintenance loan amount and stuff? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

What section of the form are you talking about? The part you're to fill in only asks about children dependent on you.

If he is over 16, and not in education, then your parents will be asked about his earnings in their section. This is to determine how much your parents have to pay towards his upkeep and how much he earns by himself. Some of your parents' income is disregarded for every dependent child, but if your brother has high earnings (he doesn't seem to...) then he will not be counted as dependent on them financially. Basically it makes very little difference.
Does anyone know the deadline for returning students? I just can't find it :confused:
Original post by Liamg2468642
So i checked back on my application, it says I applied in January of this year, which i did... but it says it could take atleast 6 weeks to process blah blah?... I've waited 3 months all it is saying is "submitted".. Anyone else having this problem or do we find out AFTER the deadline for all applications to be completed?

I applied in February and I received a letter pretty quickly stating how much I will be receiving and what dates I'll be paid and how much on each date.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alibee
What section of the form are you talking about? The part you're to fill in only asks about children dependent on you.

If he is over 16, and not in education, then your parents will be asked about his earnings in their section. This is to determine how much your parents have to pay towards his upkeep and how much he earns by himself. Some of your parents' income is disregarded for every dependent child, but if your brother has high earnings (he doesn't seem to...) then he will not be counted as dependent on them financially. Basically it makes very little difference.

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey does anyone know when will SFE send to EU continuing students the application for 2014/15? last year i received by mail around February but this year nothing yet...anybody in similar situation?
My parents haven't received emails to add their details, financial stuff, etc?

Is this because I haven't sent them my birth certificate yet? I'll be sending it tomorrow.
Does anyone know how I can change my application, I need to apply for the full maintenance loan as I have accidentally applied for the non-income based maintenance loan. What's the best way to get this changed?
Original post by corax
My parents haven't received emails to add their details, financial stuff, etc?

Is this because I haven't sent them my birth certificate yet? I'll be sending it tomorrow.

My parents never got theirs either so made an account on the student finance. They already had one from when my sister went to uni but if yours make one and then they link you to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by northernlass
My parents never got theirs either so made an account on the student finance. They already had one from when my sister went to uni but if yours make one and then they link you to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you :smile: weirdly my parents received an email this morning!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When you are doing a paid placement year, does student finance still consider parental income?

My student finance is only offering me a small amount, less than the minimum loan I have been getting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just realised I've put the wrong birthday on my online application!! What should I do? :/ I put the wrong date (god knows how)

Also I haven't put my middle name on it, I just didn't think to.

Only I would manage to mess this up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Just realised I've put the wrong birthday on my online application!! What should I do? :/ I put the wrong date (god knows how)

Also I haven't put my middle name on it, I just didn't think to.

Only I would manage to mess this up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just phone them up, they'll be able to fix it for you :smile:
I'm hopefully starting in September but I haven't done my Student Finance application yet as I've been overwhelmed with revision and University interviews.

What's the deadline for students and have I left it too late? :frown:
Can someone help me please?
Do I have to submit a different application for bith my firm and insurance uni? Im from the EU- not spain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alibee
Just phone them up, they'll be able to fix it for you :smile:

Okay thanks, I feel like such an idiot though :') I didn't put my middle name on UCAS either but I don't suppose that matters as it's not dealing with legal documents, etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending