The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Yeah you can, as long as you've completed the section you're doing and then it saves when you log out =) I'm only about 10% done atm :frown:
Reply 161
youngjo
theres a calculator here. you might be able to find out how much your uni charges or at least get to their website

http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov.uk/portal/page?_pageid=153,4680089&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

I think the max is £3225 tho

Placements aren't normal years, fees and loans completely different. I am going to go to info desk tomz and ask how much they are charging for placements next year. Something like £600.
Reply 162
Paid placement is half maintenance loan and half fee loan. No maintenance grants.
Reply 163
Ty for the maintenance. I am just going to make sure the uni charges half the amount for tuition though.
Reply 164
BTW, when is the deadline for the finance application?
Reply 165
You must apply within 9 months of the start of the academic year. So student's beginning September/October must have applied before the 1st June 2010.
Just did mine, the alias doesn't appear to work though. Despite double checking it, will have to leave it for a bit then try again.

ALSO quick question, I'm currently working this year my employer won't be contacted will they? I mean I see no reason for them to do so but they don't actually know I'm going to uni...
Reply 167
Sorry guys, I made a thread for this already, but since you are all here, maybe you could help out?

Hi,

I have filled in my application for student finance (income assessed, as independent student) today. I applied last year, have been assessed but did not start the course and therefore my application was cancelled. Nevertheless, once I completed it, the dates when they received my employers letter and my passport popped up. Now it says:

Status Awaiting Further Information
Application Pend Reason • We are waiting for documentary evidence from you • We are waiting for Financial documentary evidence

Status
Your application is currently being assessed. You may continue to use other areas of the website, and will be able to view your application information once the assessment is completed.

So do I need to send anything in again or should i just leave it? I know the top bit says I should, but the bottom one states that my application is being assessed. I am a bit confused, I must say :s-smilie:

On the evidence provision section it does not let me indicate which item I'd like to provide and says this:

To confirm the information regarding - Date Of Birth
We received evidence item "Original Birth Certificate with appropriate declaration" to validate this category on 10/09/2008

To confirm the information regarding - EU National
We received evidence item "Original Passport" to validate this category on 10/09/2008

To confirm the information regarding - Identity
We received evidence item "Original Adoption Certificate with appropriate declaration" to validate this category on 10/09/2008

To confirm the information regarding - Place Of Birth
We received evidence item "Original Birth Certificate with appropriate declaration" to validate this category on 10/09/2008

To confirm the information regarding - Self Supporting
We received evidence item "Confirmation from employers of earnings for all or part of cumulative 3 year period" to validate this category on 24/09/2008

Can anyone help to clarify this?

Thanks!
Reply 168
Sorry if this has already been said in here, but do you have to wait until you've made decisions on your offers before you register/apply for finance?
Konnifer
Sorry if this has already been said in here, but do you have to wait until you've made decisions on your offers before you register/apply for finance?

No you don't, if you have an idea of which uni you are going to and have an offer from them then you can put that university as your choice. However, if you do change your mind, then you can SLC know your new university choice.

Hope that helps
Sorry if this has been asked a million times already but do I need a current passport. Mine expired a few months ago. :smile:
Does anyone know where you can find out the month/date your course ends on?
Reply 172
mullings1
No you don't, if you have an idea of which uni you are going to and have an offer from them then you can put that university as your choice. However, if you do change your mind, then you can SLC know your new university choice.

Hope that helps

liquid_gears
Sorry if this has been asked a million times already but do I need a current passport. Mine expired a few months ago. :smile:

I would expect so. Not 100% certain, but if nightclubs won't accept out of date ones as ID, I'd have thouht the SLC wouldn't either...might be wrong though!
Reply 174
loopy6111
Does anyone know where you can find out the month/date your course ends on?

Just put June or July of the year the degree finishes.
Apologies beforehand! Just cannot find the info i need and only have tiny bit of internet allowance left so cannot search much longer!

As an ole, very skint student, applying for second year funding, do i apply for non means tested or means tested? I should know this, but it seems like forever since i last applied and on medi which seems to eat my brain! :s-smilie: Would really appreciate your advice please.
lemoncake sucks
yep, to print off and fill in.
If i click the link for the forms for those who are starting first year it opens, :/ but not for continuing students!

Hi Lemoncake sucks! did you manage to get sorted? It's not letting me in either!:frown: Think i will just wait until next week!
Anyone know what the deadline is?
cordejones
i have no offers (some rejected, some declined) can i still apply?

Nope, you would need to receive an offer, and then decide which uni you will be going to. Not much point applying now with no offers.
Reply 179
I cant go cotinue with the application as it asks for UCAS App number which is 10 digits but on there it has 9 digits and also the university institute code is completely wrong from the one on the UCAS official website and also the university website.

Quick Reply

Latest