Leicester
Visit website

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Demonfort

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
De Montfort

Not aimed at any person in particular; I just thought I'd write it here because there so many wrong spellings of it in this thread, it's not even funny anymore.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 21
KelZee
De Montfort

Not aimed at any person in particular; I just thought I'd write it here because there so many wrong spellings of it in this thread, it's not even funny anymore.

Exactly, that's what I was getting at.
QI Elf
Pardon me, but I believe you are the fool. Number 77 is De Montford, not Demonford.

The OP spelt it correctly if you look.

You didn't quote the person that spelt it incorrectly, so it must be assumed you were reply to him
Reply 23
Choccielatte
The OP spelt it correctly if you look.

This is the OP's post. Can you tell me where exactly they have spelt it correctly?

Simon Armstrong
Hey
I never know how to start these threads :s-smilie:
I am targeted ABBB for my current subjects. I am taking English at Uni and i am targeted B in it.
I have applied to 2 unis that want AAA (Cardiff and South Hamption) , 2 unis i hope are going to be around the BBB area (Queen Mary and Goldsmith) and 1 uni which will only want CCC (Demonfort).
Well i have to come to realise that Queen Mary and Goldsmith will proberly offer me at the best ABB and as i really like southhamption i might as well go for it AAA
which leaves my 2nd option as Demonfort.

Now i really like Demonfort, i loved the campus, the course, the city and everyone there seemed really nice. However my RE teahcer (who is a bit of a snob) told me that no matter how well i did their, my degree would be affected by the fact i got it at Demonfort while my other choices were more well known.
so i have 2 questions
Anyone got any infomation about Demonfort in terms of teaching quailty etc
and his my RE right about its reputation?
thank you :smile:
QI Elf
This is the OP's post. Can you tell me where exactly they have spelt it correctly?

They've contracted it. It's technically spelt right.

You changed the actual spelling rather than replicating the contraction...

Pointless really.
Reply 25
Choccielatte

You changed the actually spelling rather than replicating the contraction...

Pointless really.

I'm afraid not. They have consistantly left out the 't' in the name. Demonford vs Demontford.
Reply 26
imoneofthem
Hmmm I'd like you to be a bit more specific there because 'learning so many different languages at once' makes me think Information Overload. :smile:
I'd like to hear a bit more of what you have to say about the course offered at DMU if that's ok?

Edit: Also what course did you switch to and why?

Well I was only there a week, lets just say it's not a bad course, but I learned it was not to my liking. After easily fulfilling the ucas criteria by a far margin to my astonishment I realised the class is full of sad "stereotypical (yet retarded) computer nerds. Haha sorry about that.

About information overload your correct, but computer science is usually one of the most intensive courses available so don't be surprised at the ridiculous timetable on offer. (9 - 6 on one day!!! )

I'm not trying to put you off, I'm just sharing my experience. I transferred to multimedia computing...a much better course overall (and enjoyable) that can get you into a lot more areas of work!

If you need any help just ask.
QI Elf
I'm afraid not. They have consistantly left out the 't' in the name. Demonford vs Demontford.

Justify your incorrect selves by visiting the university's website:
http://www.dmu.ac.uk
De Montfort with a 't' at the end.
Either the official website is correct.......or I'm just plain retarded and cannot compare two words :tongue:

Tut tut and regarding your own spelling mistakes:

Choccielatte

You changed the actually spelling rather than replicating the contraction...

Pointless really.

:smile:
Reply 28
Am also in agreement that the OP spelt the uni's name wrong - regardless of contractions (and contracting it to Demontfort is technically wrong anyway as De Montfort is actually named after a person and therefore shouldn't be contracted) ... I prefer to stick with contracting it to DMU

I have to admit it does annoy me a bit that some people can't spell the name right - especially if they are planning to study here - but that might be down to the fact I have to spell it out for people when I tell them where I study!
Reply 29
I only disrespect it because of the pharmacy incident (whereby so many of their students were going to fail, they reduced the pass rate to 28% instead of the usual 40%...).
As a graduate from De Montfort I feel that the lecturers don't give a crap about the students, and are only after your money.. I sent an email to my former course leader saying thanks for everything and to generally see how he's getting on and he didn't email me back or anything?! and obviously it's got a poor rep. I wish I went to Nottingham Trent instead where it might have been better ever so slightly...
De Montfort itself is crap and I've wasted not only my time but also my student loan in going to that awful institute, and since starting it I didn't want to quit because I'm not a quitter.. When I start something I'd like to always see it through.
Reply 31
dimensi@n
I transferred to multimedia computing...a much better course overall (and enjoyable) that can get you into a lot more areas of work!

If you need any help just ask.

I do Multimedia Computing too and I agree that it is a really good course. A good balance of design and technology. so you get the best of both worlds.

I have a friend doing Computer Science though and he enjoys it. It really depends on what you want to do. I hear there is supposedly a big demand for computer scientists at the moment.
KelZee
I do Multimedia Computing too and I agree that it is a really good course. A good balance of design and technology. so you get the best of both worlds.

I have a friend doing Computer Science though and he enjoys it. It really depends on what you want to do. I hear there is supposedly a big demand for computer scientists at the moment.

Do u live in victoria halls by any chance?

Not that I'm thinking of stalking u or anything lol.
Reply 33
IcEmAn911
Do u live in victoria halls by any chance?

Not that I'm thinking of stalking u or anything lol.

Haha no, I live in Grosvenor XD

Latest

Trending

Trending