The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Ericz
Hehe.. To be very honest, I thought that £60 will be equivalent to S$60 for usage in Singapore and S$60 in Singapore is really considered quite little.

According to www.xe.com S$60 is only £19!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
claire19c
definitely bring a printer! my hall was supposed to have a way that you could lin kup your computer in your room and it would print out somewhere, but no one knew how to work it or where the printer was... and theres no way you want to keep running to some room possibly in another building just to get it!

Yup, I agree with that. I wouldn't want to keep running to some room, especially not in another building, just to get it. It is so troublesome. :p:

claire19c
theres no point having a computer without a printer, and you can get ones that photocopy and scan as well for about £100.

Yup, I agree with that too, however even at home I need to replace 1 black ink cartridge every month. Colour ink cartridge probably can last me for 2 - 3 months.

Is it very costly to purchase ink cartridges over there as I heard that electronic goods are very expensive in the UK? :confused:

I am using Epson printer, on an average scale, how much the the 1 blank ink cartridge cost? :confused:

claire19c
rice cooker? i just cook rice in a normal pan! the hall should provide you with an iron, if they dont just buy one in manchester to save you having to bring one with you.

OoOo.. How do you do that? I never thought that rice can be cooked in a normal pan :eek: Care to share some pointers?
Reply 22
caw123
According to www.xe.com S$60 is only £19!

Yup, I know about the exchange rates however I am not really sure about how inflated is the price of goods and services over in UK.

For example, a meal at McDonald in Singapore costs about S$5.00 but I heard that in UK, it costs about £5.00 as well, which is not really proportionate.

£5.00 does not equate S$5.00, it is probably around the region of S$15.00.
Reply 23
Yup, I agree with that too, however even at home I need to replace 1 black ink cartridge every month. Colour ink cartridge probably can last me for 2 - 3 months.

Is it very costly to purchase ink cartridges over there as I heard that electronic goods are very expensive in the UK? :confused:

I am using Epson printer, on an average scale, how much the the 1 blank ink cartridge cost? :confused:

Well I have a lexmark printer and my cartridges are around £17 each, I have a black one and then colour, but i buy them off the internet, in the shops ive seen the same ones for about £25-29!! So definitely do a search on the internet for yours. If you find they are much much cheaper where youre from you could always get your family to post you them.

OoOo.. How do you do that? I never thought that rice can be cooked in a normal pan :eek: Care to share some pointers?

You just boil the rice in a pan of water, when you buy a bag of rice it will tell you how much water to add to how much rice. thats it!

although its quite easy to mess up if you dont watch it carefully, or maybe im just lazy! But because ive messed it up in the past now I buy rice that comes in a bag, which you then place the bag in a pan of boiling water for 10 mins, and its done! and you dont have to worry about all the water evaporating and burning the rice!
Reply 24
so spending 320 in accomodation......

I woul have only 380 ........ do you believe this enough for eating and the others things??? :confused:
Reply 25
goodness.... 60 pounds left.
meals: hmmm.. an apple a day keeps the doc away :wink:
3 meals a day... 90 apples per month. i think british apples aint tt expensive. there should be leftover for some entertainment... or basic stuffs.
Reply 26
blue_mimosa
goodness.... 60 pounds left.
meals: hmmm.. an apple a day keeps the doc away :wink:
3 meals a day... 90 apples per month. i think british apples aint tt expensive. there should be leftover for some entertainment... or basic stuffs.

lol !

I meant having 380 left , but that was funny anyway :biggrin:

Latest