The Student Room Group

Architectural Association School of Architecture

anyone get any responses yet??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i didnt apply
can u tell me any info about it if u dont mind?
Reply 2
its suppose to be one of the best in the UK. its just off tottenham court road in central London, and has a very cosy atmosphere. I heard it was very selective though. But i went there for summer school and it was great! i really recommend it! you can still apply!
where have you applied?
Reply 3
i havent applied yet
but i really wanna go to brighton if i get in for 2nd year
i never knew about it untill i found out that zaha hadids finished that school!and u apply through the form u get online not lthrough ucas..
why though its not ranked in any uni guide?weird if its that good
did u get in?:smile:
Reply 4
i still havnt heard...should be soon though.
its not ranked because its not technically a university. but i really think u should consider it.
Reply 5
its not a uni??:redface:
how hard is it to get in?like as hard as cardiff which is top?
Reply 6
wow....AA school, I was going to apply it at first but the application turned out to be very complicated....so I gave up....
:ditto:
Reply 8
its pretty competitive....but the application process was pretty simple...what did you find complicated about it?
Reply 9
I got in!!!!!!!!
sprice7
I got in!!!!!!!!

Congratulations.

But, does anyone know anyone who ever DIDN'T get in to the AA? What is it about the £13K+ a year in fees (plus obligatory foundation year) that makes me think they aren't turning applicants down in large numbers.....?
Reply 11
jrhartley
Congratulations.

But, does anyone know anyone who ever DIDN'T get in to the AA? What is it about the £13K+ a year in fees (plus obligatory foundation year) that makes me think they aren't turning applicants down in large numbers.....?

13000 every year?!are they crazy?if hte fees there are are 13k then in ucl should be 30k haha;p
Reply 12
does anybody know what it takes to get into AA school? and what do you mean by it not being a uni :s-smilie: what is it then? lool
sonya_x
does anybody know what it takes to get into AA school? and what do you mean by it not being a uni :s-smilie: what is it then? lool

yes. cash, and plenty of it.

they are not a uni in the sense that they are not funded by the UK government / LEAs. it is a private higher education establishment, a private university if you like (kind of goes against the whole 'university' ethos though...) a private school is what it is.
Reply 14
Original post by sprice7
I got in!!!!!!!!

Congratulationss!!!! Is it to the foundation course or First year, etc?
When did you submit your portfolio and when did they reply you for the interview? I applied and i am so eager but theyre not responding :frown:
Reply 15
Original post by sprice7
I got in!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! I have a scheduled interview in 2 weeks, how hard is it? I'm really scared I can't express enough or show what they want from me. Any recommendations?
Reply 16
Original post by pacvazalo
Congratulations! I have a scheduled interview in 2 weeks, how hard is it? I'm really scared I can't express enough or show what they want from me. Any recommendations?

Hey! I received and offer from them as well. How did your interview go and what year did you apply for?
Offers all round! I imagine they'll be a lot of offers given out this year given they've got a £1m financial black hole to try to fill given the alleged fraudulent activity of a former accountant there.... (news on BD if you want to read more).
Reply 18
I want to apply to AA too, but for the next year. I'm still in highschool. I wanted to ask how does the portofolio have to look? Yours contained more techincal drawings or more artistic ones?
Reply 19
Original post by Patt
I want to apply to AA too, but for the next year. I'm still in highschool. I wanted to ask how does the portofolio have to look? Yours contained more techincal drawings or more artistic ones?

i don't think there's a recipe for this. mine for example was a bit more artistic, with sculptures, paintings, drawings and lots of models. it was not overly arty though. you just have to show a wide range of skills, and they want to see the process of how you think, so you need to include developmental sketches. and they'd rather see fewer but more detailed tasks. if you have an interview, they'll want to see originals, and sketchbooks! i have an unconditional offer for first year btw

Quick Reply

Latest