The Student Room Group

Urgent advice

Ok so me and my flat mates are wanting to get a house for next year and have already put our deposit down. We got given a garentor (sp) form to fill in and i got my Dad to do it. The problem is he is now retired and onl income is a pension. I got the form rejected, with them saying it was not sufficient or something like that, but im not sure if it's because we didnt fill it in fully (which we didnt) or because he is retired. Could they reject it due to him being retired? My Mum doesn't work due to a medical condition and so i can't get her to fill it in.

Also on another note, if i cancel do i just lose my deposit, or do i still have to pay rent?
Reply 1
Carlo08
Ok so me and my flat mates are wanting to get a house for next year and have already put our deposit down. We got given a garentor (sp) form to fill in and i got my Dad to do it. The problem is he is now retired and onl income is a pension. I got the form rejected, with them saying it was not sufficient or something like that, but im not sure if it's because we didnt fill it in fully (which we didnt) or because he is retired. Could they reject it due to him being retired? My Mum doesn't work due to a medical condition and so i can't get her to fill it in.

Also on another note, if i cancel do i just lose my deposit, or do i still have to pay rent?

A guarantor is someone the landlord can send the bill to if you don't pay so if your dad is retired the landlord may feel he can't pay up either, also If you cancel now, unless it stated otherwise in your agreement you will only lose your deposit.

Can you not use someone else as the guarantor?

Latest

Trending

Trending