The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What do you want to do at uni?
Reply 2
Oh I would have said reject RS...

Depends on your choice of course at uni if you have some vague idea already.
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
Do you have any idea as to what you want to do at uni?
Reply 5
Lord_Farquad
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.

LMFAO.
Malsi101
LMFAO.

What's funny? I took them and thoroughly enjoyed them.
Reply 7
Lord_Farquad
What's funny? I took them and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Not the subjects themselves but just your post as a whole. think about it.
Malsi101
Not the subjects themselves but just your post as a whole. think about it.

Enlighten me :tongue:
Reply 9
Choseing History and English is going to be a hard combination, but if you are the kind of person who can keep up with the work, and write essays you should pick them both as they are very academic and show independence. Im not sure about RS and Geography combined or Biology and Geography, but this is my opinion:

History
Biology
RS
Geo
Reply 10
I would drop the RS, doesn't seem to fit naturally with the others. If it's at the top though and is your favourite do it!
imo, I think you should do two arts subjects and two sciences

out of your choices, you should do:

History
English
Biology
XXXXXX

XXXXXX should be another science so it's balanced. imo, the best ones are chemistry/maths to fill in the gap.
Not english...you spelt choose wrong.
RS has two really good units that are not actually about religion as such.

i would say dontdo geography, apparently you have toremember alot of stuff for it and its proper boring like
im so academic

History
English
Biology
XXXXXX

XXXXXX should be another science so it's balanced. imo, the best ones are chemistry/maths to fill in the gap.

why?
paddy__power
why?

it's balanced and can applied to literally any degree, e.g. if you chose:

History
English
Biology
Chemistry

you could do:

Law, biochem, med, english, history, his+pol, PPE, SPS/PPS, biology, chemistry, natsci etc
Reply 16
I would say don't do geography but hat's just becuasein my opinion it is a waste of your time.
Reply 17
If you're not aiming to study a particular course at university and you've no idea what you want to do, you might as well just pick the subjects you're good at and enjoy. If you've already got a good shortlist then you might as well work with those subjects rather than listen to other people's advice and end up doing something you hate for two years.
im so academic

History
English
Biology
XXXXXX

expert opinion here. I really hate the way you use "imo" in every single post, even though it's impossible you could have an opinion on this subject
Reply 19
Definitely do Biology. It's pretty much a guaranteed A if you work just a bit.

History and English go well together, but it is quite a lot of work.

Lol at everyone saying drop geography...yeah imo it's boring too and I've heard nothing but complaints from my friends who are doing it. Especially all the case studies you're going to have to memorise...

They always seem to do the most boring things. Right now my friend's writing an essay on soils. I mean...soils.

Latest