Scroll to see replies

im so academic
it's balanced and can applied to literally any degree, e.g. if you chose:

History
English
Biology
Chemistry

you could do:

Law, biochem, med, english, history, his+pol, PPE, SPS/PPS, biology, chemistry, natsci etc

i know that, but the op asked for our opinions a short list they had created... its betetr to do things you enjoy.

surely even you can agree that enthusiasm = better grades.

i should know... i have done 11 different a levels before i decided which ones i liked best.
be careful when picking RS because a lot of people who do it hate it or quit because its not like GCSE RS
Reply 22
Lord_Farquad
Enlighten me :tongue:

When the OP has stated their definite choices, your post is just a bit random/pointless not to mention bias.
Let's just wait and see what he wants to do at uni before we go telling him to drop things.
He might want to do a Philosophy degree for all we know.
Just saying.
paddy__power
i know that, but the op asked for our opinions a short list they had created... its betetr to do things you enjoy.

surely even you can agree that enthusiasm = better grades.

i should know... i have done 11 different a levels before i decided which ones i liked best.

ok take this example:

OP takes History, English, Biology (which she wanted to do) + Chemistry:

History = A
English = A
Biology = B
Chemistry = A

or

OP takes R.E., Geography, English, History (which she wanted to do):

R.E. = A
Geography = A
English = A
History = A

say the OP didn't know what to do (like now), but now decides to do a degree in medicine, which is better:

The AAAB with chemistry + bio
or AAAA with no chem + bio??????

she needs to keep her options open. this is why if you don't know what to do at uni - take 2 arts subjects + 2 science subjects (don't give me this crap that geo is a science, it's not classified as a science at A-Level, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a humanity)

yes, enthusiasm = better grades

but better grades =/= advantage in getting an offer
im so academic
ok take this example:

OP takes History, English, Biology (which she wanted to do) + Chemistry:

History = A
English = A
Biology = B
Chemistry = A

or

OP takes R.E., Geography, English, History (which she wanted to do):

R.E. = A
Geography = A
English = A
History = A

say the OP didn't know what to do (like now), but now decides to do a degree in medicine, which is better:

The AAAB with chemistry + bio
or AAAA with no chem + bio??????

she needs to keep her options open. this is why if you don't know what to do at uni - take 2 arts subjects + 2 science subjects (don't give me this crap that geo is a science, it's not classified as a science at A-Level, and as far as I'm concerned, it's a humanity)

yes, enthusiasm = better grades

but better grades =/= advantage in getting an offer

geog is my least fav subject.

and yes but if they are not a sciency kinda person then your logic is flawed as they would hate /fail the subject.

Latest