The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
deanot88
There are still a lot of places that do not accept them, I'm not debating whether places should accept them but the fact is a lot of places don't. It's ok telling you what to do if it's not accepted but that's not going to help you on a night out. When you think about it, the fact that it mentions that on the websites implies that some places don't accept it.

No, the point is, they're telling you what to do because they SHOULD be accepted. That's the whole point of the PASS scheme.
Reply 21
simeon
No, the point is, they're telling you what to do because they SHOULD be accepted. That's the whole point of the PASS scheme.

That's what I'm getting at, they SHOULD be accepted but it doesn't mean they WILL be accepted
Reply 22
You're confusing the point.

Any Licensed venue can refuse you entry for any reason at any time, but it won't be because you have a PASS ID.
Reply 23
simeon
You're confusing the point.

Any Licensed venue can refuse you entry for any reason at any time, but it won't be because you have a PASS ID.

I'm not confusing the point. Just to avoid any confusion here is the point I'm making:

A lot of venues only accept a driving licence or passport as valid id.

I am not debating whether PASS should be accepted and I am not talking about being refused for any unknown reason. This may be different in different areas, I'm talking about Edinburgh, but I'm sure people have mentioned it on here before as well. I was just saying that I wouldn't bother with a PASS card, if people want to get one then they can get one.
Reply 24
Here's the thread I was talking about:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=16215185
Reply 25
deanot88
I'm talking about Edinburgh

You could have said that sooner. Scottish Licensing Law is different to English, so that may be an issue, I don't know.

I'll still stand by the fact that PASS is one of only 3 acceptable forms of ID (in England), and if you don't get let in, it is for a different reason than the ID.
Reply 26
simeon
You could have said that sooner. Scottish Licensing Law is different to English, so that may be an issue, I don't know.

I'll still stand by the fact that PASS is one of only 3 acceptable forms of ID (in England), and if you don't get let in, it is for a different reason than the ID.

Personally, I wouldn't rely on it.

Latest

Trending

Trending