The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Reue
I think he's really hit the nail on the head. Tough action against the injusticies caused by the former government in their 'war on terror' and an obvious shift towwards the promotion of human rights. Exactly what this world needed.

"Tough action"? Do you see any of the key war criminals in the previous administration being subpoenaed for their actions in the war on terror? No: Bush and his acolytes are getting off scot-free, without a trial or inquiry. And how exactly is Obama "promoting human rights"? By closing Guantanamo Bay? Sure, that may have been the most flagrant of the US's breaches of international law, but many fundamental actions against human rights are being perpetrated by the Obama administration, including the bombardment of Pakistan.
Reply 21
Is this thread a joke, well it has no proof so is kinda stupid. I think Obama has just begun in a couple of years from now I can deff see him winning a re-election. I know this is just an opinion and theres no proof, but theres no proof to prove otherwise, Obama is the second coming of Jesus for most Americans at this point in time and there is no end in sight for the Obamaites.
Reply 22
Dudes, give the fella a chance. People are always so quick to judge.
Have to say, I was in the US for 3 months there travelling and I'm only home a week and there was no negativity from the 'original' Obama supporters. There was still so much strength, hope and positivity whooshing around. But hey...we love to cast people down at every opportunity huh?
faulkner
Wow, that's quite weak evidence my friend. Anyone with a brain can tell those are just gossip/hype stories that mean nothing. It's not news it's noise.

Furthermore, Obama is by far the best thing for MY country right now. Sure, he may not be in the same bed as John McCain and the political big whigs, but he's trying to do the right thing. Look at what he's doing tonight in America. Instead of twisting and compromising with politicians in D.C. to get his stimulus plan through, he's touring America trying to persuade the people that his plan can work. He's aiming for the people, not for the politicians.

It's a new American structure, you can't disagree with that. President Obama is a fresh face in our nation. Sure, he may not be an Abraham Lincoln or a Ronald Reagan, but he's MY President and he's doing what's right for MY people, unlike Bush.

I don't agree that he is doing what's best. Despite Obama's fear-mongering, the real danger is trying to do too much, not too little. The stimulus plan he is pushing is a steaming pile of crap, and the best interests of the american people are not being served.

Do you know anything about the stimulus? Did you know only 10% of it isn't going to be spent in 2009? Or that close to half is going to be paid out to democrat controlled unions? Since when is looting of the treasury to pay off a range of Democratic political constituencies doing what's best for the American people? The closer you look at this, the more ridiculous it gets. $400 million for global-warming research? $335 million for contraceptives? How is giving out free condoms a great engine of job creation?

This thing is such an unbelievable multi-hundred-billion-dollar cluster-****, a lot of economists have been saying that it would be more beneficial for the economy just to do nothing. The free market is amazingly self healing, if left alone to have the chance.
Reply 24
^They took the contraceptive issue out of the bill, and it wasn't $335 million either. Also, it passed.

Latest

Trending

Trending