The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Canadian going for Biomedical Science at KCL

Ok so I'm from Toronto in my last year of high school and I applied for medicine in the UK (HYMS, SGUL, Bristol, Keele), and my final non-med choice was KCL for biomed. I haven't heard back from any of the uni's for med, but I have been accepted to KCL. I really didn't research it that much since I never really considered going to my non-med choice, but now that they've given me an offer I have been checking them out. -- Seems like an excellent university and one that's definitely recognized internationally. The discovery of DNA there really impressed me too...

So how well respected is this place in the UK? Or how good is it for Biomed? To be honest, the only reason I chose it was because it seemed pretty presitgious (being a London college and all) and it didn't require me to write BMAT just for Biomed, as I believe UCL did.

Oh and an extra question - Would you say the University of Birmingham has a Massive South Asian population? -- I'm not going there but that's just what I've heard and I'm curious haha.
Reply 1
*bump* wow these forums have so many long stickies and subforums and subsubforums that I can never find anything I posted..
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
King's College is a well respected university and apprantly is very good for biomedical sciences...it is one of the top uni's in london and im still WAITING FOR AN OFFER FROM DEM FOR BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!....anyway lol,yes u picked the rite uni :wink:...not sure abt da south asian population bit lool
Reply 3
hey potatoes were you asked for an English exam like TOEFL or IELTS? i live in Canada and have applied to UK but i don't know if i will have to do the English exams.

Latest