The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
that's bizarre!! It's been working fine... Erm, it is a work in progress so maybe there's something up. You could try this if that link still doesn't work: http://d-mis-web.ana.bris.ac.uk/New%20Work%20in%20Progress.htm
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 41
'Not enough memory to load panorama'
I dont know about the hawthorns, manor has baths and showers and the oldest flushing toilet in bristol is in one of its annexes!
Manor Hall website is currently being redone... it therefore has large gaps in it, however it should be up by the end of the week... until then please view http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/home/cd5464/
btw, i have no idea what my previous comment relates to...
Reply 44
Anyone have pics of Chantry Court? It's a postgrad accommodation
Argh I'd forgotten all about in the mad exam reivison rush... they don't actually allocate the housing until after the deadline do they?
I really don't know where I'm going to apply - how on earth do people decide?!
Reply 46
Rui
Does anyone have any picture of Clifton Hill House?

http://www.cliftonhillhouse.co.uk/tour/
What do Hiatt Baker residents think of it?

I kinda randomly put it down as my first choice....that a good move?
Reply 48
^Me too! well mine wasn't quite so random, but I'd like to know more about it. Pics of rooms and bathrooms please?

Also, i'm quite icky about passive smoking and requested for a non-smoking block, but is there alot of smoke about the area?
Reply 49
this is a photo of my room in churchill that is stayed in on my summer school
it is the new block and so no sinks in roooms but there are 4 bathrooms for a corridor of 6 which is pretty good
the rooms arnt huge but they are not bad

sorry the photo isnt the best it is also taken from the corridor so i could fit as much in as i could
Reply 50
Thanks for that! :smile:
Reply 51
Zakatu
I think 3 or 4 of the blocks are now Non-smoking. if you request non-smoking you should get it.

I can provide pictures of my HB room if you like, pm me.

Hiatt Baker Rocks!!!!

btw, for those who r applying to hiatt baker, try (i mean, urm... just be a bit thick faced), and request for a D block room, since it has new furniture!!!
Reply 52
Ahaha I got my HB package.. Long morning walks here I come. It's not exceedingly informative though, the package that is.
Reply 53
30-40 minutes walk uphill AND downhill serene. haf fun! (hint: it's easier to get a buss pass, definitely worth it :biggrin:)
Yeah I'm gonna be getting a bus pass I think...
Reply 55
What about a bike??
A bike would require two things I'm not willing to give,

- money that can be spent on beer and stuff I don't need
- exercise
Reply 57
Solution:

Steal a tandem, and get someone else to pedal.
Reply 58
I heard something about bike theft in Bristol being ridiculously common, is this true or just scare tactics?
Reply 59
I seem to remember hearing something like that too. And was advised only to bring a bike if absolutely necessary.

Latest

Trending

Trending