The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
I got my thing today.
Bristol = cheap.. 2nd class stamp.. well I never :P

Well, I'm def putting UH as first choice. Then probably HB as second choice, as its not a bad price considering.

anyone doing shared accommodation?
it must be so weird..
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Stepheh...mine had a first class stamp.
Looks like someone's already picked out their favourites :biggrin:

Or you know...someone just lives in Germany so obviously can't get a second class stamp :rolleyes:
Reply 902
mine was franked actually. /pedant
Reply 903
just wondering...
is there a pest problem in any of the halls? cockroaches, rats, ants, fleas, those things that crawl up your urethra when you're taking a leak in a river...
a cockroach just fell on my face while I was sleeping. I am totally disgusted and had around 10 showers so far. this cannot happen again.
Reply 904
aboodz
just wondering...
is there a pest problem in any of the halls?

Yeah, there's lots of rahs at Churchill.
Reply 905
Rui

haha geniiiiiius :wink:
Rui

lol now thats brightened up my day...almost as well as the sun
Reply 907
do international students receive accommodation packs too?
the wording of the bristol letter is disconcertingly ambiguous. just says I can download it from http://www.bris.ac.uk/accom/osacinfo
but from what I understand, you need to send in passport photos etc. and there's no mention of that on this website :s-smilie:
kasias

Not sure what'll I'll put for my second choice. Maybe Northwell House. Hillside/Woodside looks reeeally nice, it had a garden and is cheaper than UH while having sinks. Only problem it's only 29 people, which would be fine if it wasn't accoss the suspension bridge, is that too secluded? And why is it so cheap?:s-smilie:

I'm so glad someone else is considering Hillside/Woodside. I haven't seen anyone else mention it. I have the same reservations as you regarding it seeming so secluded though.

Is there anyone on TSR who lives/has lived there who could tell me what it's like?
Reply 909
I got my accomodation pack through yeyey!! does anyone have any advice on teh most sociable catered hall?? i was going to apply to chruchill and badock but now i'm thinking wills- HELP the most important criteria is the social life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 910
clairebee
I got my accomodation pack through yeyey!! does anyone have any advice on teh most sociable catered hall?? i was going to apply to chruchill and badock but now i'm thinking wills- HELP the most important criteria is the social life!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on hearsay, Wills and HB are the two most sociable catered halls. I am applying to those.
Reply 911
Thats cool i keep reading so much different stuff about the accomodation i think it is all just opinion!! Anyone have the Wills or Churchill decision?????
Reply 912
I think most people here would say Wills over Churchill. And that Churchill's full of rahs etc.

Where in the North West are you? :smile:
Reply 913
I got my accomodation pack yesterday....i really want to be self catered and want to be in halls aswell rather than a student house.

I was gonna put Goldney Hall first ( oversubscribed) and University Hall second ( Undersubscribed). Im aware of the location of University hall and although a half hour walk to uni isnt ideal id manage and itd keep me healthy.

My only other self catered halls option was Manor Hall/Sinclair House but the idea of single sex halls didnt really appeal to me.

Can anbody offer any advice on my decisions? Do they seem logical considering my preferences?

Also i was wondering if excluding location, there is a big difference in quality of accomodation between goldney hall and university hall? (eg. rooms, building, facilities)? Because the price difference is almost £1000 a year and that seems like a lot?

Any help would be great......thanks.
Reply 914
Goldney and UH are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Goldney is very, very nice, whereas UH (in terms of the actual accomm) is the worst out of all the halls, I'd say.
Reply 915
Chuffed that i'm going there then :smile:

But apparantly lots of the flats in UH have been getting all new furniture.
Reply 916
Rui
Goldney and UH are complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Goldney is very, very nice, whereas UH (in terms of the actual accomm) is the worst out of all the halls, I'd say.

Ohh okay thanks for your reply......whats bad about UH accomodation? It sounds pretty bad now......worse accomodation and not a great location either....oh dear.

Any views on Manor Hall/Sinclair house? How does it having single sex floors effect the quality of your social life there?

I just wanna make my choices and send this form off so i can concentrate on revision and actually getting into Bristol!

Cheers
Reply 917
It's just bad because it's so cheap.
and there aren't sinks in the rooms.

They just spent less money building and furnishing it.
Reply 918
Well I'd say the opposite - it's cheap because it's so bad...

It's not just about furnishing it, the rooms are tiny, especially the Kitchens. A good comparison would be a picture of a Goldney kitchen and a UH kitchen....the Goldney ones must be about four times bigger!
Reply 919
How big are the rooms, would you say?

I'm not bothered by the size of the kitchen.

Latest

Trending

Trending