The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Any of you bastards working a crappy job to pay for it.

I'm working Sainsburys 6 days a week. It's slowly killing me inside.

"Oi mate, you got any....you know....like....small butter? Not this medium sized crap"

"Where are the eggs?"
"Aisle 23 madam....um the one we're in, yes I'm standing right next to the eggs, yes...you are as well"

I had a bloke giving me a lecture about nappies the other day, and one yesterday on the verge of a fit because his favourite bread had gone up 7p. He asked for me to go get the "bread manager".

WOOO! SAINSBURYS
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 81
hehe, yeh im working in LIDL 2 days a week to get 'save money for uni'. though most of it goes on drink and ebay.

"Where are the eggs?"
"Aisle 23 madam....um the one we're in, yes I'm standing right next to the eggs, yes...you are as well"

LOL, its all too familiar! i get this all the time and there are only 5 isles. some people are just too lazy to search for an item themselves.
There's 33 aisles in the one I work in (it used to be called "Savacentre", it's more of a hypermarket than a supermarket).

In addition there's the alcohol section, electronics, pharmacy, clothing and the news bit. So it's bloody massive.

My job requires me to collect internet orders so basically I have to walk around the whole shop. You wouldn't believe the amount of utter tw*ts that just order like ten 4 litre bottles of water and a copy of Heat....arghhh. Or the ones that just want frozen stuff.

So it's generally either exhausting or very cold. Sometimes both. Rather brilliantly, it's always mind-numbingly dull.
i am, very unfortunately, a dinner lady, well canteen assistant, at the muller factory. i get lots of free yoghurts :smile:, but work with many many stuoid people :frown:
Reply 84
squigaletta
i am, very unfortunately, a dinner lady, well canteen assistant, at the muller factory. i get lots of free yoghurts :smile:, but work with many many stuoid people :frown:

your saying you can cook...wanna be roomies?
ha, your welcome to sleep on my floor, but you will have to put up with my experimentation...marmite and marmalade is really nice on toast, trust me you should try it
Best sandwich ever:

multi grain batch bread (Tesco's finest) + cheddar + marmite + cucumber

Don't diss.
Reply 87
cucumber is possibly the most digusting thing ever.

It's all about the toasted turkey club sandwich from the polish deli.
Cucumber goes with anything.
Reply 89
that's because it has no taste, why would anyone pay for anything that has no taste or any real calorific content, above and beyond the obvious willy gags?
Reply 90
squigaletta
ha, your welcome to sleep on my floor, but you will have to put up with my experimentation...marmite and marmalade is really nice on toast, trust me you should try it

haha you should some of my thai chilli, ham and cheese baked potatoes. fantastic snack!

ill go try your snack now, im a bit hungry. am i likely to vomit?
Grapes are the same.

They also win.
Ooh toasted bagels with goats cheese, salsa and pickles are great aswell! We need to start a bizarre food experimentation society me thinks.

Ooh and have you ever had frozen grapes? They are ace.
Reply 93
That's just odd.

A baguel with red pepper homous and green olives - toasted is about as weird as I go.
tozhan
haha you should some of my thai chilli, ham and cheese baked potatoes. fantastic snack!

ill go try your snack now, im a bit hungry. am i likely to vomit?

nope no vomit, you will seriously wonder how you lived without this amazing taste!
and the best sandwich has got to be a bacon and egg butty, with brown sauce, and tea in a polystyrene cup :smile:
Reply 95
what's wrong with toasted bagels and cream cheese?
Reply 96
squigaletta
nope no vomit, you will seriously wonder how you lived without this amazing taste!
and the best sandwich has got to be a bacon and egg butty, with brown sauce, and tea in a polystyrene cup :smile:

i had that for lunch today :p:
I'm rather addicted to halloumi.
Reply 98
rosieposy87
Ooh toasted bagels with goats cheese, salsa and pickles are great aswell! We need to start a bizarre food experimentation society me thinks.

Ooh and have you ever had frozen grapes? They are ace.

Ooh, I'll join!

And yes frozen grapes as ace. As are frozen orange slice and watermelon :tongue:
Reply 99
squigaletta

that was disgusting, why do you lie?

Latest