The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I don't think your mother should yell at you so much. It isn't a very nice sight but people make mistakes, especially if you're not used to dealing with them too much.

Tell her you apologise but you were just ashamed of walking out with it. She will understand. Also tell her that you don't want this to spoil your holiday.

I would suggest relaxing a bit and maybe taking a book for you to read on your journey tomorrow?

Try not to feel too upset! :smile:
Oh come on I think people are overreacting a bit, its not that disgusting, its not like the OP has terrible personal hygiene, it was just a slight error of judgement, and in the case of the bedroom, a bit absent minded...I think the mum sounds pretty highly strung to be honest. Just let it blow over, don't start grovelling.
Reply 42
get a ******* bin lol
Reply 43
Why on earth is everyone saying it's so weird not to have a bin in the bathroom??! It's honestly not that bad and I'd rather they were in the main bin which gets taken out quite regularly than sitting all together fermenting in the one in the bathroom for months on end... my mum and I would never fill a bin every month! And it really is not fair on all those people who change it.

But I agree with a lot of people on here, OP, if you don't want a bin then you're going to have to take them through to another bin. Yes it's embarrassing and yes I hate it as well but I do it discreetly and live with it and my parents and little sister just ignore it. No biggie.
Odeary . . . apologise to your mum, invest in a bin and learn to deposit the used towel in there.
Reply 45
Apologise to your mum and try and explain the reasons for you doing that. As for emptying a bin - just take it in turns & keep a plastic bag in the bin to try and make things easier & cleaner when it comes to emptying it :smile:
Reply 46
You kind of do need a bin in the bathroom, OP. For these things and for empty tubes of toothpaste etc. Your bathroom much be a mess.

That aside, I don't see why everyone's going "waaaaaahhhh disgustiiiiiing". I'm pretty sure all you girls bleed! It's just blood. Get a freaking grip.
Reply 47
Emanuelle
You kind of do need a bin in the bathroom, OP. For these things and for empty tubes of toothpaste etc. Your bathroom much be a mess.

That aside, I don't see why everyone's going "waaaaaahhhh disgustiiiiiing". I'm pretty sure all you girls bleed! It's just blood. Get a freaking grip.

Why can't you just put these things and empty tubes of toothpaste and old razors and cotton wool pads in the normal bin? It's not that far to walk...
Man that is disgusting. JEEEEEZE
Reply 49
aeiou81
Why can't you just put these things and empty tubes of toothpaste and old razors and cotton wool pads in the normal bin? It's not that far to walk...

What is wrong with a bin for each room? Where would you put a used sanitary towel? In your bedroom bin? Usually they're open topped... in the kitchen bin?? No. Bathroom bin, they're small and should be emptied often.
Reply 50
Emanuelle
What is wrong with a bin for each room? Where would you put a used sanitary towel? In your bedroom bin? Usually they're open topped... in the kitchen bin?? No. Bathroom bin, they're small and should be emptied often.

Kitchen bin! Closed topped, emptied frequently, deep so can be easily hidden. It's not like it's unhygienic, it doesn't touch any food that's going to be eaten or any surfaces...
guys, its not that bad, it was a mistake! she's obviously learned her lesson and not gonna do it again...

op, dont worry, it will blow over, they never stay mad forever
Reply 52
aeiou81
Kitchen bin! Closed topped, emptied frequently, deep so can be easily hidden. It's not like it's unhygienic, it doesn't touch any food that's going to be eaten or any surfaces...

it smells, pretty fast and gets opened an awful lot more.
Reply 53
Why didn't you just wrap it in toilet roll and carry it out - why are you embarrassed about having periods in front of your mum?!
Reply 54
Emanuelle
it smells, pretty fast and gets opened an awful lot more.

*shrugs* my kitchen bin only smells of food...
aeiou81

Oh no, that's not nice. You don't want them in the same room as food :s-smilie: Bathroom bins are closed topped and fill up quickly so are emptied frequently. If you're worried, just empty it before it's full. And who cares about it being hidden? It's not like anyone goes through a bathroom bin, and if they did what would they expect to be in there?
Reply 56
My granddad (mum's dad) is really really REALLY hygienic, so that is probably why she's so horrified by it. Not trying to lessen the fact that it's really, really disgusting though.
SuperSam_Fantastiche
But seriously, from the way your mother reacted, anyone would think you ran out of the bathroom and slapped her round the face with it...

Hahahaaa. Everyone's overreacting, it's not pleasant but these things happen. To keep a grudge like this going over a holiday is just petty, things'll be fine.
Reply 58
New...Romantic
Oh no, that's not nice. You don't want them in the same room as food :s-smilie: Bathroom bins are closed topped and fill up quickly so are emptied frequently. If you're worried, just empty it before it's full. And who cares about it being hidden? It's not like anyone goes through a bathroom bin, and if they did what would they expect to be in there?

Why does it matter if it's in the same room as food? I eat in the bathroom sometimes lol. And it won't come into contact with any food, unless you regularly keep edible stuff in your bin. Emptying it before it's full would be a complete waste, and the emptier does sort of have to get a look-see/smell when they empty it. Plus, what do you do with the bin liner in the bathroom bin? Put it in the black binbag, in the kitchen.
Reply 59
orchid
Why didn't you just wrap it in toilet roll and carry it out - why are you embarrassed about having periods in front of your mum?!

We don't talk about that stuff. Boyfriends, periods, bras, make-up: I've found it all out for myself, it's always been a source of embarrassment to my mum.

Latest