The Student Room Group

Choosing between intercollegiates!

I need to rank my preferences for King's accomodation, and I think I'm going to plump with intercollegiates at the top.

I really want an ensuite, and if I can't them the minimum people sharing the facilities as possible, so with this in mind I'm thinking:

College Hall (ensuites)
Canterbury Hall (I read somewhere it's often a bathroom between 2 people?)
Connaught
Commonwealth

What are the differences between the halls really? Thanks :redface:
jodie_lee

College Hall (ensuites)
Canterbury Hall (I read somewhere it's often a bathroom between 2 people?)
Connaught
Commonwealth

What are the differences between the halls really? Thanks :redface:

Hey!
College Hall has ensuites, the rooms are a decent size and the bathrooms are new, smallish but really nice! It also has a really cool-looking common room area bit downstairs with a pool table. It's a nice place if you can afford to pay for it because it is quite expensive in comparision to the others.

Canterbury Hall has bathrooms shared between 2 people, and some ensuites as well. The bathrooms are bigger than those at College Hall but not really as nice, slightly older and... a little faded/outdated maybe? The common room is small, practically no one uses it and the security rules are ridiculous and very anal. However it's a nice place to stay and it's less expensive that College Hall.

Commonwealth has shared bathrooms (not sure how many rooms to one bathroom, but I'd imagine more than at College/Canterbury). It has the same anal security rules as Canterbury Hall, but I think there are badmitton/squash courts there maybe? Not 100% sure though.

Don't know about Connaught Hall, so can't give you any more advice there!

Hope that helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending