The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yeah you're spot on
Hello prefresher Leicester Medics- hows it going?

How are the interviews/applications and such malarky?
Reply 3
well as a Leicester applicant i'd say it's going ok. Just waiting patiently for March to come along and then some news (hopefully positive)

In my general studies lesson today we where all told to try to start looking at student finance and setting up an account which I did. I felt somewhat silly setting up an account with no offers for medicine
Reply 4
I'm rather gutted right now after receiving 4 rejections... :nopity:
Reply 5
trektor
well as a Leicester applicant i'd say it's going ok. Just waiting patiently for March to come along and then some news (hopefully positive)

In my general studies lesson today we where all told to try to start looking at student finance and setting up an account which I did. I felt somewhat slightly silly setting up an account with no offers :s-smilie:

Better than getting in and then not being able to get any finance. :smile:
Reply 6
jonnyofengland
Better than getting in and then not being able to get any finance. :smile:

:biggrin: I suppose so. hopefully I will end up using it
I'm loving it. So exciting. I have my interview on 5th March, any help?
My interview is next week.. and I'm in full preparation mode.. if anyone can help or has already had an interview plz say or PM me :smile:
Reply 9
modini
I'm rather gutted right now after receiving 4 rejections... :nopity:

Will you reapply?
Reply 10
Lu-x
Will you reapply?

Probably yes
Reply 11
I too am just patiently waiting for March to come so that I can finally recieve decision from Leicester after being interviewed 25th November ... such a long wait! Although thought interview was fine it seems becuase questions really open that no1 has really come out and said theyve had a horrible time so I think quite a hard one to judge ... also worried by the fact that quite a low chance of getting an offer even when interviewed so am keeping fingers crossed. Good luck to every1 else who has applied :smile:
Reply 12
TWyn
I too am just patiently waiting for March to come so that I can finally recieve decision from Leicester after being interviewed 25th November ... such a long wait! Although thought interview was fine it seems becuase questions really open that no1 has really come out and said theyve had a horrible time so I think quite a hard one to judge ... also worried by the fact that quite a low chance of getting an offer even when interviewed so am keeping fingers crossed. Good luck to every1 else who has applied :smile:

It isn't down to chance at all. If you meet the standards they are looking for, then you will get a place. My interview was also in the November, it was definately a long wait. The letter came in mid-March, 12th rings a bell.
Reply 13
Can I crash the party?

While I'm here, someboday sell me on Leceister.
Reply 14
Hey all,

Hell I just got a rejection letter from Leicester and their reason was that there were too many applicants. My application was looked at last when I set it on the first day UCAS opened it self up for applications. So basically, they gave out too many offers before looking at my application thus, I get a rejection.

This policy seems unfair considering other unis look at all applications and then rank them rather than going through them one by one and if you're last then you're screwed. I defo know I got over 16 out of 20 on the scoring.
Maybe they didn't like you? Medicine is ridiculously competitive so don't feel too bad about getting a rejection. You already have tons of other places you could go to :biggrin:
With the numbers of applicants to the course it is inevitable that people will get rejected for the most ridiculous reasons. Although might I add that not even giving your application a glance seems unfair. Still, welcome to the ridiculous world of medical school admissions
Reply 17
nas7232
Hell I just got a rejection letter from Leicester and their reason was that there were too many applicants. My application was looked at last when I set it on the first day UCAS opened it self up for applications. So basically, they gave out too many offers before looking at my application thus, I get a rejection.
When did they tell you all this? :eyeball:
Reply 18
Today. What a waste of uni choice. Hell I spent months going through each admissions policy to make sure I would have a significant chance of getting an interview.
Reply 19
nas7232
Today.
Care to show us the letter?

Latest

Trending

Trending